Worried About Maintenance

Lynette
on 10/11/05 12:55 am - Cookeville, TN
I just got back from LA Weight Loss. I have lost 1.5 pounds since Saturday. I have about 8 more weeks of weight loss before I go on maintenance. So I started talking about the maintenance phase, and the counselor showed me the plan. Now I am worried. For six weeks, I will be adding in foods. By the end of the six weeks, it will be enough food to be 1 LARGE meal more than I am eating now. I am so set in the way I am eating now. I am not hungry at all. I just don't know if I can eat that much more. Then part of me is scared if I start eating more, maybe I will just want more and more. And part of me is saying, you will have to exercise, exercise, exercise to make up for eating that much more. I know that there is some point that I have to stop losing. I think for me maintaining is going to be harder than loosing.
kitties4
on 10/11/05 1:42 am - Cleveland, OH
Maintaining is always harder than losing. I've gotten down to goal weight several times in my life, and I could never figure out how to eat to maintain that. I only knew how to diet, or to overeat. I feel for you. The longest I have ever remained thin is two years. Then, when my husband got kidney stones, I lost it, and went back to over eating. Denise Phares
kitties4
on 10/11/05 1:42 am - Cleveland, OH
Maintaining is always harder than losing. I've gotten down to goal weight several times in my life, and I could never figure out how to eat to maintain that. I only knew how to diet, or to overeat. I feel for you. The longest I have ever remained thin is two years. Then, when my husband got kidney stones, I lost it, and went back to over eating. Denise Phares
Donnamarie
on 10/11/05 7:03 am - NY
Lynette, That's an ineresting topic. I have to say I don't remember a day I was under 288 lbs, at least in the last 17 years. This is the lowest I've been in YEARS. I look forward to at least another year of my program before I get to a weight that I would be comfortable at. I'm almost ready to stop here based on the amounts of hanging skin I ALREADY have. YUCK! But I know that losing at least another 80 or so to get to 200 is really where I need to be. I haven't even thought of maintenance at this point but after I ready your letter I did. If they worked out the plan like they worked out the program, I think perhaps you would be safe in placing your trust in that. I think eventually we all have to be able to eat "normal", but it's finding out the normal that is going to be the key. I think that after all the time you've been on your program you have adopted some amazing habits that you aren't even aware of yet. I think you will do fine Lynette, I really do. Think of how far you've come and realize that you've already conquered the hard part. Now for another change of mindset to get to the other part. We'll always be here for you!!! Donna
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 421 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 544 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 741 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 963 views