A Different Kind of *WOW* Moment....

c&j's Maw-Maw
on 10/8/05 1:04 pm - Pulaski, TN
.......rambling here......... I just got out of the shower. I was applying astringent to my face. I looked in the mirror, turned my head a little bit to swipe the cotton ball down the side of my cheek. I noticed this deep "wrinkle", if you will...LINE...down the side of my jawline....meandering it's way down to just below my chin..... and I thought to myself................. "I wonder if that is where my real face goes" (because this distorted face that is so large and misshapen is still so foreign to me......every time I look in the mirror, I wonder who that is)! **Just thought I'd share** Kandy
Donnamarie
on 10/9/05 1:37 am - NY
Kandy, Thank you for that post. I have spent many moments immersed in the "what if's" of my life. From weight loss to decisions I've made in my life and how they've affected me. In my humble opinion you are well on your way to figuring out what you need to do in your life. You know you need to get healthy, to shed some of the weight that has been such a trouble to you emotionally and physically. You are delving deep and that to me is the first step in figuring this all out. Kandy, this wasn't the first time I've contemplated WLS. I had contemplated it perhaps two and a half years ago when I visited a nutritionist to figure out how to lose this weight. She told me that her sister in law had lost a very good friend to the surgery and she could not in good conscience refer me to a surgeon to get it done. I guess, however, that wasn't my bottom at the time. I revisited the idea of WLS just this past summer after two knee surgeries. That I guess was my bottom, because I embarked on my successful so far program. But before I contemplated asking my doctor about the surgery I did a whole lot of research. Not only did I read post upon post about the actual physicality of the operation but I also read all of the emotional posts. They all touched a part of me deep inside and I had to relinquish myself to the eventuality of taking control, and soon. So Kandy, perhaps these are your first steps. Asking yourself pointed questions, examining yourself physically and mentally and putting yourself into a spot where this is going to be possible. Good luck my friend and keep coming here sharing and learning and seeing that there are others out there with the same struggles. Donna
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 421 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 544 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 741 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 963 views