What diet are you on??

Darlilly1313
on 10/2/05 3:22 am - WV
I am embarking on yet another diet,I have been on them for years,I have no insurance currently,so surgery is not open to me.I was wondering what you all are doing,that is working?? Darlilly
kitties4
on 10/2/05 4:55 am - Cleveland, OH
I am currently on Weigh****chers Core Program. I have to make some adjustments on dinner, since I am obviously eating too much then. And my husband and I have both gained weight. On the Core program, you can eat off of their list of healthy foods until you're satisfied. Obviously, we both crossed that line at dinner time. What diet are you on? Denise Phares
Donnamarie
on 10/2/05 7:18 am - NY
Hello Darlilly and welcome to the non-op board. I am not on a diet, I follow a program. My program at the time is low-carb, modeled after South Beach. I have lost 55 lbs since July 7 and plan on losing another 87 to reach my first goal of 200 lbs. From then I will see how I do, how I feel, and how much more I would like to take off. You can read my profile if you'd like. I am very consistent with my advice about "dieting." You really have to look at what you've done, your attempts at losing your excess weight, and really decide if you've given it your all. I know that for myself I hadn't really done anything through to the end. I didn't make a lifestyle change, I merely changed for a little while. If you can be honest with yourself and not just say "oh diets don't work for me" then perhaps you will embark upon the right path here. I wish you luck and I wish you success in getting healthier and shedding the weight that made you come to the WLS forum in the first place. Donna
Jessica D.
on 10/3/05 12:52 pm - Edmonds, WA
Hi there, Darlilly, I'm Jessica. My insurance won't cover WLS for me, either, so since June 10, 2005, I've been on Adkins. I started at 302#, today, I'm 257#. It's working for me very well, and my partner, has lost over 115# since January of this year!!! We pay attention to the amount of fat we eat, but we by and large, follow the diet as written. It's a lot like South Beach, but it disallows most all carbohydrates until later in the diet; once you've lost the bulk of the weight you want to lose. This diet was hard for me to begin...I'm telling you, I thought I'd die of carbohydrate withdrawl, but I lived... I also went to Overeaters Anonymous...it helped me work on what's going on in my head. I'd recommend it for anyone trying to lose weight on thier own, without the WLS. Actually, I'd recommend it for anyone---period. It's a great place to get your head straight; all of us could use some help in that arena. Jessica
Lynette
on 10/3/05 1:02 pm - Cookeville, TN
Hi Darlilly, I am on LA Weight Loss. It is a balanced diet. I eat controlled portions of all the food groups. For me, it has worked great. I have lost 140 lbs. I have 19 more pounds to reach my goal. Find the diet that suits your lifestyle and works for you. Just like you, I have done just about every diet imaginable. I had almost given up hope. WLS crossed my mind for about 2 seconds. (I won't even hardly visit a doctor, much less have surgery. Although, I am thinking about having the excess skin removed after I reach my goal.) Then I decided to give LA Weight Loss a try. I had passed by it in town many times. I didn't know much about the program. But I went for a consultation and decided to give it a try. Good luck to you. Lynette
Kasey
on 10/3/05 2:34 pm - Baltimore, MD
Darlilly, my way of living has two parts: counting calories (an average of 1,500 daily, obsessively tracked on fitday.com) and a lot (one to two hours most days) of exercise. Best of luck. Kasey 365/215/195 (nonop)
Darlilly1313
on 10/4/05 11:14 pm - WV
Thank you ,everyone *****sponded,I am using a low fat,1600 calorie plan,I am exersizing for 30 min.a day.Its great to find this board,this is such a helpful web site.Kasey,I love your page.Darlilly
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 421 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 544 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 741 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 963 views