I chicken out I didnt do It

charlene1970
on 9/29/05 12:20 am - blackwood, NJ
I had the date . I had insurance apporval. Actually it was for MONDAY! But My hubby after 5 months takes me out to dinner and tells me...DOnt do it. I love you for how you are not how you look. You are doing this for the wrong reasons. My man never talks like this so I knew he was sincere. This was true I was doing it to be SKINNY. Not to be healthy.I am healthy except for Gerd. Thats it. I am a lighweight. I weight 241 at 5'7 I am happy with my decision but that dream of being skinny will always be there.
c&j's Maw-Maw
on 9/29/05 5:37 am - Pulaski, TN
I'm glad you chose not to have surgery if it was not truly what you wanted and for the reasons you feel are right. 241 @ 5'7" is not bad...........and being "skinny" does not have to be only a dream! One day at a time, one meal at a time, one ten-minute walk at a time...........and you can lose weight! I've lost 35 pounds this year (and am trying to get back on track to lose more) and my daughter has lost almost 40. She is 5'7" and weighed almost 220. You can do it! Have hubby go for walks with you..........you'd be surprised the difference a 10 minute walk - even once a day - will make! DREAM OUTLOUD! Kandy
Donnamarie
on 9/29/05 10:16 am - NY
Charlene, You are not a chicken at all. You have to be honest with yourself about your motivation and whether or not you've tried everything there is out there to try before resorting to major surgery. I too started wanting this surgery. I have to admit that I didn't get past my PCP's approval, I just couldn't do it. Thankfully he saw what I couldn't see and realized I could do far better than I had been doing. Since July 7, I have lost 52 lbs. My BMI has gone from 52 to 44 and I am well on my way to goal. I have been obese since I was 27 years old. More than half my life. The other wonderful women on this non-op board have decided for one reason or another not to go under the knife. I welcome you. Donna
Kasey
on 9/29/05 11:24 am - Baltimore, MD
Charlene, I'm glad you were able to be honest with yourself. WLS is too drastic to have for vanity's sake alone. Some of us are living proof that one can lose a lot of weight without surgery. It takes a Herculean effort -- diet AND exercise. So get to it! Best of luck. Kasey 365/215/195 (nonop)
Jessica D.
on 9/30/05 8:05 am - Edmonds, WA
Charlene, I surely wouldn't say you "chickened out!" I would, however say that after some soul searching, and speaking to one of the most important people in your life, you determined that WLS was not an option for you: at least not right now. You are amongst people who have, for many reasons, began their weight loss journey without the tool of WLS. There are many ways of losing weight; we've tried them all. But the trick is to find the one that works for you. I've seen successful Weigh****chers, Jenny Craig, Adkins (ME!) low calorie, and low fat dieting, -----and lots of exercising going on here on this board!! Be kind to yourself. Recognize that you looked within yourself to make this monumental decision, and now, it's time to move forward with your life. Now that you've determined that you want to be healthy, not necessarily skinny, it's time to get planning!!! The weight won't drop off as it does with some WLS post-ops; and that's really okay. All of us are taking this journey one day at a time. We're doing it together! So come back and talk to us. Ask the members what their food plans are, and how they're sticking to them. And exercise; most all of us have really worked our butts off (no kidding!!) to integrate it into our daily lives. None of this is easy. And none of us have gone straight through to our weight goal without some ups and downs. But now that you've decided to be a non-op: WELCOME to our world! Please feel free to write me, or any of us. If you need come on back and post! Everyone is so thoughtful and supportive; you don't have to do this alone; fortunately none of us do. Let's shrink together!! Jessica 302/256/175
la_nena
on 10/10/05 10:03 am - bronx, NY
hey i am not the one to say but alot of men dont want there wife skinny cuz wls changes a person and you mite like all the things men tell you and your man can lose you ...
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 421 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 544 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 741 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 963 views