Monday check - in

DebColCam
on 7/30/12 1:41 am - Canada
Hello friends, another weekend has passed and it's really clear to me that my goal for this week needs to be meal planning and food tracking. Hubby and I had way too much fun this past weekend! We accepted too many invites out for drinks and meals and over indulged in both alcohol and food. We are both paying the price today. Being in social situations is a bit of a challenge when trying to make healthy choices.
I will be seeing my NP tomorrow, have to let her know about the migraine and get some other test results bk. My weight will be checked too. I think I am going to start a Wed Hump day weigh in thread. Hope others will participate! How was your past weekend? Any challenges and successes to share?
chellelynn3
on 7/30/12 2:41 am - san bernardino, CA
I am also needing to sit down and write out some meal planning, I am in school right now and learning 100 different dietary theories, this is a little challenging for me as I navigate through them and try different ones "on for size" still trying to figure out what way of eating is most beneficial to me and also to my family, my weight loss has stalled and I really want to break through that 200 lb mark and get to the other side! I am only about 7 lb's away or so, I know to break through to "one"derland (as many have called it) I need to be very dilegent and stick to a plan with little deviations, not that I eat in an unhealthy way, but if I am just willy nilly in my food choices and I have little directions of what I am eating and why, I tend to plateau or gain and lose the same 3 lb's over and over again, my 15th wedding anniversary is in 3 1/2 weeks, so i am hoping to use that as date marker to get myself disciplined again. Good luck to you on your meal planning!   

Michelle Hendrickson Holistic Health Coach http://www.gracioushealth.net

DebColCam
on 7/31/12 7:42 am - Canada
Hello Ty for posting. If you find a "one size fits all" dietary plan during your studies please let us know! It hard to find that right combo of protien fats and carbs in order to make the scale move. O so hope you reach your goal of onederland by your anniversary! I am still struggling with the meal planning. I think I am having a hard time with it because I have been feeling unwell for awhile. Hope you have a good week.
gardeninggal
on 7/30/12 4:05 am - Midland, Canada
 Honesty is the best policy, love it when I see here that other people struggle cause I sure do.  It feels like I keep a mental tally on my calories as I have been doing it for so long.  But bottom line I do not get the exercise needed to offset my intake and here I am on the OH network waiting for surgery.  You are aware and that is the best tool to begin a fresh day.  Best wishes on your appointments tomorrow.
Nancy

(deactivated member)
on 7/30/12 10:37 pm - Canada

I like the idea of Wed Hump Day weigh-in. Works out perfectly with my program since I have "fat camp" (as those in my group call it) on Wednesday at WMC in Ottawa.

This past week has been especially challenging as my MIL passed away in the early hours of Sunday morning from multiple cancers. Such a sad time but I am getting through it without the comfort of chocolate, chips or alcohol. It is possible. (Who knew!?) And to help with the challenges of comfort food provided by caring friends and family, we took healthy foods with us when we spent the day with family yesterday. Veggie tray, healthy sandwiches and hard boiled eggs (didn't devil them since I can't have fats yet)(or breads...but I didn't eat the sandwiches...just the chicken breast filling wiping off the mayo).

More than the nutrition factor is the behaviour modification for me. I must pick up the book "Mindless Eating"...it was one of the recommended readings to us at WMC class.

Wishing everyone a good week. I challenge everyone to make a meal plan for the rest of the week. If that's too much to start, let's plan for one day or one meal. Baby steps! We can do this!

Oh...and exercise too...not my friend but we're getting to know each other a bit more...

DebColCam
on 7/31/12 7:47 am - Canada
Hi Tammy so sry to hear about your MIL passing away! My thoughts are with you. I am really proud of you! Your doing a great job with changing your behaviors and not falling into the emotional eating hole. Your a real inspiration to others! See you post again on Hump Day! Take care.
(deactivated member)
on 7/31/12 9:07 am - Canada
Thanks!  You're making me blush...
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 421 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 544 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 741 views
Plant Based