Just found this forum!!

tj150
on 9/23/11 3:53 am

This is a happy find for me as I made the decision to opt out of surgery but still come here frequently for inspiration! Now I have a forum that I belong to! I have lost 50lbs so far and am still trying to loose more but have come to a stand still. I figure if I can even work towards not gaining it back that is a victory as well. Thanks for this forum!

DeeAnnM
on 9/23/11 7:41 am

Hi,

It’s great to see a new face! I wish more people would find this forum. Unfortunately it’s not very active.

I also opted out of surgery, and am happy to say have done pretty well without it.

Good luck on your continued journey.

tbl2008
on 9/23/11 1:51 pm - Greenville, NC
Congrats TJ on your 50 weight loss! How did you get started? It sounds like you have been doing the right things so far! What is your next weight loss goal?

I also hate that this section is so slow. I've been on my state section where things are little more active. Let us know what you are doing now and maybe we can give you more specific advice on getting to your next goal.
285/204/199 starting/current/goal weight
tj150
on 9/24/11 2:08 am
I started by fallowing Atkin's. Now I am trying to be low carb. I would like to get to 200lbs but that seems to be such a long way off. I think I should shoot for loosing another 10lbs at a time. I am at around 230lbs right now.

I also need to increase my physical activity. I have been lacking in that department!

Thank you ladies for the replies!
DeeAnnM
on 9/24/11 4:23 am

Looking / thinking about the big number is discouraging to me. I try to just end each week 1, 2 or 3 pounds lighter. That really helps me.

tbl2008
on 9/26/11 5:02 am - Greenville, NC
On September 24, 2011 at 11:23 AM Pacific Time, DeeAnnM wrote:

Looking / thinking about the big number is discouraging to me. I try to just end each week 1, 2 or 3 pounds lighter. That really helps me.

This is such good advice. My goal right now is to lose 2 pounds per wee****il I get to 199. I plan to do that by New Years day 2012. yeah, it's a ways off and it seems like it will never get here. BUT just keep in mind that little by little you can get there and when next year rolls around you are going to be so close to your goal of 200!

What type of workouts do you enjoy? Start with some of those!
285/204/199 starting/current/goal weight
DeeAnnM
on 9/28/11 4:43 am
My workouts have all been on my elliptical. I don't have a gym membership, and this seems to be working for me right now anyway. I'm thinking at some point I may get a personal trainer, but I'm not there just yet. Good luck with your 2 pound a week plan. I sounds like a good one.

wmcconk
on 11/22/11 9:43 am - Fircrest, WA
Congrats on the 50 lbs.!! That's awesome!

I lost my weight with Weight Watcher's & Zumba. I've lost 302 lbs. You can visit my weight loss website at www.freewebs.com/infectiouslaughter
I'll be in the Jan. 2012 issue of People Magazine's "Half Their Weight" issue!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 421 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 544 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 741 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 963 views