How to loose weight while trying to have a baby

Nijaz79
on 9/11/11 10:48 pm
My youngest son is 19 months. Me and my husband are trying to have another baby. I have gained weight back with my last child and have not been able to take it off. I think I almost feel like whats the point since I will just gain it back with the next baby. The thing is I want a healthy pregnancy when I do get pregnant. We have been trying for two months now and are hoping it will happen soon. My question is how do I loose weight while im trying and when I am pregnant. I want a healthy pregnancy and dont want to get even bigger with this pregnancy.
DeeAnnM
on 9/12/11 1:56 am, edited 9/12/11 2:01 am
I wish I could help, but I think that is a question for your doctors. I do know that both my age and my weight have contributed to my inability to conceive. And I wonder if I will be able to conceive when my weight stabilizes at a healthy number. I guess we’ll see.

Good luck!

tbl2008
on 9/20/11 12:45 am - Greenville, NC
I tried and did lose weight while TTC with my little girl. It took me a good 11 months of trying before it happened. During the 1.5 years of losing the weight I lost about 55 pounds before I got pregnant. I sometimes wonder if the constant weight loss while TTC had anything to do with it taking about a year to get pregnant. I'm just not sure what effect current WL has on fertility. I have PCOS and I do know that made it a bit harder and probably caused more of the issue than the weight loss.

My weight loss plan was very simple. I went from 285 to about 235. During that time I stuck to 1,500 calories a day and tried to workout when I could, but honestly I didn't do much working out when If first started. Basically I tried to eat the same foods but much LESS of it. Maybe try cutting back on your calories by 10% and see if that gets you a result of 10-15 pounds. As we all know... even 10-15 pounds can be a big help when starting off pregnant!! Good luck and I hope you are blessed with a second baby very soon!
285/204/199 starting/current/goal weight
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 421 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 544 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 741 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 963 views