Share your NSV

chellelynn3
on 6/1/11 1:58 am - san bernardino, CA
Hello everyone,

Does anyone have any NSV's (non scale victories) to share? I have one, I am going on a vacation this upcoming week with my husband, I went last night to look for a dress to wear for when we have a nice dinner date on our trip, I tried on a few dresses and one I thought I would just try on a whim, looked much too small, but i thought I would give it a try, it ws a size 12 and it fit! it was a little snug, but I could still manage to wear it out just fine, I couldnt believe it! I did not end up getting it because it was not in my budget, I didnt end up getting a dress and just got a shirt sz L to wear, but I was pretty stoked that i fit into a size 12 dress! fist time in my adult life for that one! does any one else have any thing to share?    

Michelle Hendrickson Holistic Health Coach http://www.gracioushealth.net

tbl2008
on 6/1/11 3:29 am - Greenville, NC
That is amazing! Congrats on size 12 being in your life. I can't even remember the last time I was a 12. It must have been middle school. Soon enough I'll be there with ya!

This is a small NSV but this morning my lower legs looked smaller to me this morning. I did lose some weight on the scale but the size of my legs show a bigger 'victory' than that one pound WL on the scale!
285/204/199 starting/current/goal weight
chellelynn3
on 6/1/11 4:32 am - san bernardino, CA
thats great! my legs are my biggest nemisis! lol! keep up the great work! 

Michelle Hendrickson Holistic Health Coach http://www.gracioushealth.net

tbl2008
on 6/1/11 11:51 am - Greenville, NC
On June 1, 2011 at 11:32 AM Pacific Time, chellelynn3 wrote:
thats great! my legs are my biggest nemisis! lol! keep up the great work! 
Thank you! I went to the gym tonight kicking and screaming on the inside. I got there late and I just didn't want to do it. I was coming up with excuses and I don't like that. To be honest I am worn out when I get home from the gym. I fell less of a mom and less of a wife and really....... a less of a ME when I'm this physically tired. My husband is wonderful and just told me to keep going and that I'm doing good. I know he is right and I know that if I stop now, I'll be in worse shape then when I started.

Anyways thanks for the support and sure need it.
tbl2008
on 6/2/11 1:09 pm - Greenville, NC
Another NSV for today!

Today my little girl and I started mom and baby swim class. I waited until 1 hour before leaving the house to try on bathing suits in my bedroom. I had four to choose from. To my JOY the smallest, newest one fit! I had bought that for a Caribbean vaca in 2009. I was pregnant by the time the vacation came around and was pouring out of the suit! lol! Today, wow... it fit perfect.
thomasfirewife
on 6/3/11 9:36 am
Goal was to lose 95 lbs before my TT on the 21st of this month - to date I'm at 94 so I'm pretty sure I'm going to make it - or exceed it
Kelly-AnneH
on 6/4/11 11:04 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
Hmmm... NSV...

Being about to sit in a chair with arms without being squished or in pain!

Not needing a cane or my handicapped tag anymore.

Not having to worry about where I park anymore, since I can easily walk as far as I need to.

Being able to tie my shoes - now I just need to FIND some for Wednesday!

Being able to ride a BIKE!! (and without looking like a total idiot)

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

tbl2008
on 6/9/11 5:10 am - Greenville, NC
On June 4, 2011 at 6:04 PM Pacific Time, Kelly-AnneH wrote:
Hmmm... NSV...

Being about to sit in a chair with arms without being squished or in pain!

Not needing a cane or my handicapped tag anymore.

Not having to worry about where I park anymore, since I can easily walk as far as I need to.

Being able to tie my shoes - now I just need to FIND some for Wednesday!

Being able to ride a BIKE!! (and without looking like a total idiot)
I really feel ya when you said 'Not having to worry about where I park anymore, since I can easily walk as far as I need to.' I so remember the days when I would circle and circle a parking lot in order to get the close spot. I would get winded just walking in from the parking lot. Congrats to you for making it so far in your journey!! I know that feel wonderful to have that freedom back in your life.
zimmersdreamer
on 6/19/11 4:06 am - indianapolis, IN
i got rid of my Xs, (size XXL, XL clothes). Im in a firm size 16, the smallest i ever was in my adult life! i remember being so stoked in Highschool when i first fit into a 16 after losing 90lbs running cross country. Im back there & loving it!

tbl2008
on 6/26/11 12:49 pm - Greenville, NC
I've got a good one! I pushed the baby and stroller down the whole length of the National Mall twice this weekend! I walked from the American Indian Smithsonian to the American History Smithsonian and wasn't out of breath! I was sweating like crazy but I did it and wasn't 'dyeing.' I was so proud of myself that I wanted to cry! It was like I didn't even recognize how that feeling (of fitness) really felt. Sorry if that was kinda confusing!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 421 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 544 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 741 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 963 views