91 lbs lost....loose skin is frusterating though

KevinT
on 5/6/11 1:51 am
Now 91 lost! Currently 156.5. I'm a guy, 5'7''.

Bodyfat is between 7-9%. Usually 7-8% consistently every morning when I wake up.

Final pics (latest):

img148.imageshack.us/img148/9459/21745690.jpg
img580.imageshack.us/img580/8454/latestbffinal.jpg
tbl2008
on 5/6/11 8:03 am - Greenville, NC
I could see how you might be a little self conscious with a shirt off at the beach, but does it really effect your day to day life? I'd also like to know how long it's been since the you lost the 91 pounds and how quickly you lost it. As you know losing weight quickly can to lead to lose skin, but it can bounce back over time. But overall I think the skin issue is not bad at all. Especially considering some of the things I've seen at the beach in my life! LOL!
KevinT
on 5/6/11 10:00 am, edited 5/6/11 10:01 am
It effects me greatly in my day to day life. It effects me to take off my shirt anywhere, be it for medical reasons, at the gym in the locker rooms, in front of anyone. It effects me when I am looking at myself in the mirror and I see my dad laughing at me and walking away, or when I was fat and my dad told me to put my shirt on because it was embarassing.

I try to wear a muscle shirt on at the gym, to try and face the fear. And I may be slowly getting over it. But even this shirt causes alot of anxiety, as I feel people are judging me, either negatively, or positively.

It also effects me because the skin is ugly and I got stretch marks with it too.

Kelly-AnneH
on 5/15/11 12:24 pm - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
I'm so sorry you feel this way, and I'd love to smack your dad for being so cruel. You're young, so you have a very good chance of most, if not all, of your skin shrinking to fit your new, trim body. You can help it along by keeping yourself well hydrated, staying out of the sun, eating a really good diet, and keeping up with your exercising.

About those stretch marks. It isn't only fat people who get them, you know. Many people get them in their teens during growth spurts. You'll find that as you slowly become less self-conscious that you'll start seeing them on people of all different sizes. Yours will fade into faint silvery lines that will show even less with a bit of a tan. (I have truly ugly stretch marks from my first pregnancy - she is and was well worth any marks)

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

tbl2008
on 5/9/11 3:27 am - Greenville, NC
I'm so sorry that it's been such a toll on you for so long! What are your options at this point?

One thing I can tell you is that you have to start feeling better about yourself. The sad thing is only you can do that for You. Do what ever it takes to build that self esteem just like you did to lose the weight and improve your tone!
285/204/199 starting/current/goal weight
Vyxxin18
on 5/15/11 11:33 am - PA
Kevin, first, you look great. A whole lot healthier than I'm sure your former self was. NOW, I know that doesn't mean a whole lot coming from a stranger on the net BUT, I have a similar issue (if not nearly the same) . I've lost roughly 77lbs over the course of the past 7mos...immediately following two back to back pregnancies. My skin is LOSE and I'm only 23yrs old. Sure it's disappointing....but it's also causing health issues. I intend to check into a tuck once I'm at my goal weight (another 30-40lbs) Have you checked into one? Is it an option? How long have you been at your current weight? I want to be nice and stable, and let my skin do it's "natural thing" before committing to a surgery I may not need. Without reading your profile you look young, depending on genetics your skin may go back fairly well. Anyhow, you're not alone...you DO look better than you know (I'm fairly certain) and don't give up or be discouraged...you've lost nearly 100lbs and given yourself a better life...be PROUD!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 421 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 544 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 741 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 963 views