Book suggestions

tbl2008
on 4/26/11 11:15 pm - Greenville, NC
I'm reading a really good book right now on the subject of eating healthy and losing weight (shocker, right? hehe!) I'd love to get a thread going about anything you've read i the past that was helpful on healthy eating, losing weight, emotional eating, and anything on keeping a positive outlook while going through the process. TIA!
285/204/199 starting/current/goal weight
chellelynn3
on 4/27/11 2:18 am - san bernardino, CA
I LOVE to read!

Here are afew that i have found helpful in regards to health and weight loss:

Perfect weight America by Jordan Ruben

The Makers diet also by Jordan Ruben

What the Bible says about healthy living (forgot the authors name? excellent book, very detailed )

The Antioxidant miracle (again forgot the author)

The coconut oil miracle by bruce fife

and two books I plan on getting very soon, are Walk yourself thin by David Rivas (I think??) and Eat this and Live (forgot the authors name?)

Those are just a few tht came to mind

Michelle Hendrickson Holistic Health Coach http://www.gracioushealth.net

tbl2008
on 4/29/11 5:17 am - Greenville, NC
I'm reading a great book right now that I'd like to share.

http://www.amazon.com/Break-Through-Your-Set-Point/dp/0061288675/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1304104439&sr=8-1

Breaking through your set point by George Blackburn. I think I bought the book back in '08 when I was really struggling with my first set of plateaus. I hit several of those back then when I was losing weight. I didn't finish the book then (barely got through the first chapter). It's a good sensible approach to losing weight. Eat less, move more, get your rest, lose weight lowly, etc. I'm just getting to the part where he talks about the "how." I'll post again when I get through it.
285/204/199 starting/current/goal weight
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 421 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 544 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 741 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 963 views