Who's with me!

HollyRachel
on 3/27/11 9:53 am

I bought tickets for my family to go see relatives in October.  Figured it would be lots of time to get my act together.  Well, I did this a few months ago and still haven't started any diet yet!  I just realized how fast the weeks are going by, so tomorrow is the day.  I would like to keep myself accountable, and this place is where I  use to do it at..or tried. :)  Looking forward to meeting new friends and hopefully old friends will come back to get healthy with us.

Here is to week one!

zimmersdreamer
on 3/29/11 2:04 am - indianapolis, IN
ok im 2 days late to week 1 but i just finished my vacation and I am READY to get back to work(ing out that is :) my birhtday is in Oct SO its a fitting goal for me as well!  lets do this!

what is your meal plan? exercise plan? ect...

HollyRachel
on 3/29/11 10:10 am

yayy i'm not alone.haha  well for me i'm just plain ol' calorie counting for right now.  i MIGHT possibly change that, but i have a feeling i'll be staying with it.  it's simple, although a pain in the butt.  at least i can still have whatever i want.  as for exercise..i haven't started yet.  i have a wii, so i have the zumba and the dance one, treadmill, and stationary bike.  that will all be what i'm doing.  my weight is taking a toll on my hip lately i think and its making it hurt to do anything.  yesterday i just actually cleaned my house and i suffered through it and by the time i was sitting my hip was throbbing.  i'm sure once i get some more weight off of me it will be easier.  tomorrow though i WILL be doing one thing or another.

i'm feeling quite good about this!  haven't felt this good in a while actually.  always very depressed about it all.  think when i looked at the calendar and realized how many weeks i have blown away, it finally hit me that i need to do this now or never.  got on the scale this morning even though i told myself i wasn't going too, and already looking up. :)

so when is the big day in October? hehe  Birthdays are good ones!  have you already been losing weight?

HollyRachel
on 3/29/11 10:10 am
also what i'm trying is to count calories from 3pm-3pm to see if that elps any
tbl2008
on 3/29/11 1:20 pm - Greenville, NC
On March 29, 2011 at 5:10 PM Pacific Time, HollyRachel wrote:

yayy i'm not alone.haha  well for me i'm just plain ol' calorie counting for right now.  i MIGHT possibly change that, but i have a feeling i'll be staying with it.  it's simple, although a pain in the butt.  at least i can still have whatever i want.  as for exercise..i haven't started yet.  i have a wii, so i have the zumba and the dance one, treadmill, and stationary bike.  that will all be what i'm doing.  my weight is taking a toll on my hip lately i think and its making it hurt to do anything.  yesterday i just actually cleaned my house and i suffered through it and by the time i was sitting my hip was throbbing.  i'm sure once i get some more weight off of me it will be easier.  tomorrow though i WILL be doing one thing or another.

i'm feeling quite good about this!  haven't felt this good in a while actually.  always very depressed about it all.  think when i looked at the calendar and realized how many weeks i have blown away, it finally hit me that i need to do this now or never.  got on the scale this morning even though i told myself i wasn't going too, and already looking up. :)

so when is the big day in October? hehe  Birthdays are good ones!  have you already been losing weight?

I just love how positive you are sounding today! That really made me smile. I'm in the same place right now as well. I just started last week, I'm feeling better, and my mood is very positive. I guess it's good to start out this way because you and I both know how there are ups and downs in the whole process. Very proud of ya for starting this and for being so honest when you said "now or never." Gosh.. I just feel the exact same way!
HollyRachel
on 3/29/11 4:23 pm

Not sure if you are familiar on facebook or not, but I wanted so badly to find the "like" button to your post!

Tonight was a little tougher.  Have the munchies pretty bad.  Actually, it started with all those darn commercials on tv!  They all look so good!lol  But I made it, I won another small little victory so I'm happy.  :)

Thanks for the compliment!  You know, I keep telling myself it IS all or never.   Just made me realize it with not only my trip, but I am in my early forties.  The years just keep going by so quickly, if I don't start now there will be NO tomorrow!

Vacations though are definitely good boosts.hehe

zimmersdreamer
on 4/10/11 9:13 pm - indianapolis, IN
Sorry i have been off the computer for a while... I have lost a total of 40lbs but that is from July of last year... I have gone from a size 24 to an 18! I am excited! I also started calorie counting at first but found FOR ME that wasnt enough, as soon as I added the treadmill, even a mile at a time, i really started to see results! I was less hungry! I had more energy, it was adicting.

Zumba is great! I now go 2x a week at the gym, I didnt like it at first, I was verry cautous of moving in public after all its hard when you move your body and 3 counts later your fat rolls catch up with you... sorry its a little cynical but, it is what it is.

how are you doing so far? I hope you were able to stick with it!

As for October I will be 28 on the second! I plan on a night out of town where I can be someone other then mom for 24 hours! (single mom here)

tbl2008
on 4/12/11 11:39 am - Greenville, NC
On April 11, 2011 at 4:13 AM Pacific Time, zimmersdreamer wrote:
Sorry i have been off the computer for a while... I have lost a total of 40lbs but that is from July of last year... I have gone from a size 24 to an 18! I am excited! I also started calorie counting at first but found FOR ME that wasnt enough, as soon as I added the treadmill, even a mile at a time, i really started to see results! I was less hungry! I had more energy, it was adicting.

Zumba is great! I now go 2x a week at the gym, I didnt like it at first, I was verry cautous of moving in public after all its hard when you move your body and 3 counts later your fat rolls catch up with you... sorry its a little cynical but, it is what it is.

how are you doing so far? I hope you were able to stick with it!

As for October I will be 28 on the second! I plan on a night out of town where I can be someone other then mom for 24 hours! (single mom here)
Size 18 ROCKS!!! Enjoy and be proud of yourself!! I'm totally excited for you! I can't wait to keep reading your journey.
Future Legend
on 3/29/11 9:17 pm - SC

You GO girle~~   Kick some butt ~~~~  Get back on that do, Holly!~ 

chellelynn3
on 4/9/11 12:41 pm - san bernardino, CA
Hey Holly,

How is it going? I decided to come and see how things were going around here, been a Loooooong time since I've visited this board, good to see some familiar faces, I dont go on Facebook too much either these days! my new thing is walking! I LOVE it! I could not afford the gym any longer so try to walk several 3 to 5 times per week any where from 3 to 6 miles each time! I have decided to stay off the scale for the time being instead I am measureing my success by a pair of capri pants that I want to fit in comfortably by June, My husband and I are going on a trip June 4-9 and I am using that date as my goal, The capri's fit now but are incredibly tight!! so I am working on it, I have them hanging up in my room so I can see them everyday as a reminder of what I am working for! so thats an update on me! hope you are doing awesome!        

Michelle Hendrickson Holistic Health Coach http://www.gracioushealth.net

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 421 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 544 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 741 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 963 views