This board needs to kick it into gear....

bethsavon
on 3/21/11 3:31 pm - Staunton, IL
I used to come here and get support day in and day out, morning, noon, or night. It helped soooo much. I related to other and they related to me. It helped to know that if I messed up, someone else had been there too. If I had a success, we all celebrated. We did this for one another no matter what.

I am here and I will stick with you. Who else is out there that needs this kind of support and sounding board?

I look forward to hearing from all of you.
Beth

You are changing, butterfly! ~ Neecee
Keep doin' the do! ~ Future Legend

(deactivated member)
on 3/21/11 10:14 pm - Rochester, NY
Hi Beth....just popped in here and replied on Lori's post earlier.  Glad to see you here.  I'll definitely send you an email girl....missed you!!
HollyRachel
on 3/23/11 4:26 am

i've been talking to my cousin through email the past few days.  he's also trying to lose a few pounds and gave me a link to some videos to watch. he has been doing remarkable, but he also has the stanima of a race horse which i'm sure is in his favor.  i'll let you know what i think of them.

i got on the scale this morning and once again hit 299.9!haha  for some reason i can NEVER get under the 300 mark.  so today i'm on pins and needles not wanting to eat anything to make it go back up.lol  getting hungry though, so i think i'll stick with some protein and veggies.

also heather and michelle are on facebook also.  

(deactivated member)
on 3/24/11 9:14 am - Winnipeg, Canada
First time posting in this forum. I just decided last week to postpone my weight loss surgery indefinately. I have a eating disorder and I'm currently working on that.  We all need support wither or not we have wls or not. 

Hugs
Linda
meggo12
on 3/24/11 10:10 am - CT
Hi I am also postponing my surgery for personal reasons. I am trying to lose weight on my own now, again, but going at it with point of view that this is not a diet but a lifestyle change. I would love support through this, and would to give it as well. So hi I'm Megan. I'm 27 and i weigh 340 lbs. My knees and my back are in constant pain, and I am just seeking sweet relief. Any ideas on how to get started
thomasfirewife
on 3/25/11 10:08 am
It's great to see a new post on this board - I check it every day and usually zippo.  I was denied WLS by my PCP last August because she said I "could lose weight myself without resorting to surgery".  I thought about appealing, finding a new dr. you name it but mostly I got mad - at myself and what I'd allowed to happen with bad eating habits and no exercise.  I started using LoseIt and it's been working for me great.  I didn't have any other medical problems besides my weight so maybe I've been extremely lucky in the amount I've lost but I would love to have support and support others who are going thru weight loss issues.  

tbl2008
on 3/29/11 1:12 pm - Greenville, NC
Hi Beth!
I just posted and I wanted to post again- I'm back as well!! I'm here to check in and be checked in on. Let's just start all again, and get this site HOT again!
Future Legend
on 3/29/11 9:25 pm - SC
Beeeeeeeeeeeeethy!

Ok.. I gotta get on it too... get back to getting here and being HERE~ 

I just started my required 6 month medically supervised diet.  By the grace of God, I'll lose weight and not qualify for the surgery.  I'm just under the qualifying BMI, but the diabetes brings me in (but I'm not thrilled about recovering from a surgery).. lol  <-- chiiiiiiiiiicken

WE ALL found a lot of support here back then... and the accountability helped keep us all on our do.  When David came into my life full time, I found it very difficult to spend time here~~  it was alllllllllll  David~  up at 4:00am to make his breakfast, pack his lunch, clean the house, do the laundry.  Eventually I gave up on the gym, tanning, LIVING~ 

I miss everyone here~

LET'S ALL GET BACK ON OUR DO~~
treynolds
on 4/7/11 11:28 am
Hi Beth,
I've decided to put off WLS, the appeal process is exhausting and I wanted to try again to see if I could do it.  I tried Nutr*****em about 20 years ago and I keep seeing the commercials, so I decided to try it again.  Well, I'm one week into it and have lost a couple pounds so far.  It's nice because I'm so busy and kinda lazy and it's really nice to just have it laid out for me.  I've taken like 13 years to gain 60 pounds, and haven't gained anything in the last 3, so hopefully this will get me realizing what my portion sizes should be, as I can tell mine have been way out of wack. Also, it's nice to have a list that says "THIS IS WHAT YOU CAN EAT TODAY"

One of my friends says I may lose it, but may find it again and it will bring friends, but I really haven't had a history of yo-yoing, just slowly gaining and keeping my eating the same.  I'm trying to decrease my portion sizes, increase my planning and eating vegetables.

Also looking at how my skinny friends eat, they have smaller portions, more vegies, and pass on those office donuts.  I did resist the fresh office donuts today and was very proud of myself.  It's a long difficult road, but it sure is nice to have this support structure to help out.
Laura01
on 4/9/11 11:35 am - MI
Hi Everyone
I am new to the weight loss form. I decided to not have surgery. I am using the Optifast. so far so good. I just started the program on Thurs. My weigh in day is Tues.  I have about 60# to lose. I have not said anything to my sisters(Ihave 3) becase I don't want to hear or see the look in their eyes if I fail, Ihavn't said any thing to my co-workers either. It seems like some one is always on a diet. I am losing weight because I am 50 and my knee hurts. Becase I do not want to be excluded from any activities becase I can't walk, or climb stairs or anything else.I will be here to offer any help I can and to ask for help as well. My biggest challenge is getting all of my water in each day. Any suggestions?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 421 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 544 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 741 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 963 views