Any of the oldies still here from a few years ago?

Future Legend
on 3/4/11 7:32 pm - SC
I'm Lori..live in SC.

Is neecee still around or anyone?
HollyRachel
on 3/5/11 4:49 am
hey there girl, how are ya doing?  i pop on here once in a while just to glance.  haven't seen or heard of anyone in a while.  i think a few is on the plastics board.  christa, chris, heather, and sherrie are all on facebook, but that is about it.  i did email mary and donna also through facebook once, but haven't heard from them since.  necee has just disappeared.  hope you are doing well! :)
Future Legend
on 3/5/11 10:58 pm - SC
Yea...I'm doing well.. sans my weight loss efforts.

I did get down to 201 lbs... but always tetered  between 215 and 230...

right now I'm up to 240 and I went to see a surgeon.  I alwyas said that this would be my last resort - and I think I'm at the end of my rope.

First things first.... my insurance does cover it, but if my primary can't provide information regarding 6 months worth of dieting that they find adequate, I'll have to find a new primary and start with 6 months worth of diet info.  I have to have an endoscopy and a sleep study... and could possibly get on the schedule for June.

I gotta tell ya... Im tired!  I think I gave it my best shot and at my best I had lost 120 lbs on my own,..  now I believe I could use the tool!

Hope all is well with you, Holly... and Janine!  Wonder how her surgery went!!!  Lawd, we all scattered to the wind!
HollyRachel
on 3/8/11 1:18 pm

I wish you nothing but the best Lori.  Keep in touch on how you are, and when you are going to have it done.  You will be in my prayers.  I hope for your sake that they take the six months that you already previously did.  It wasn't supervised though was it?  But if not, so be it,  just a little bit longer to reaffirm what you already know.  You are a strong woman, you will do great in anything you decide. :)

Holly

TruemansMom
on 3/8/11 5:03 am
VSG on 06/24/13
I just renewed my registration - haven't even gotten my avatar in yet. (cute little black puppy.)
I talk with Mary (Magnolia Mary) on the Atkins site off and on.
Did you  know I was going to have RNY 2 years ago and got cold feet. My doc was very through and I had all the tests and lab work and counseling and even scheduled surgery. I did so well on the pre-surgery low carb program I decided to try Atkins before making the big commitment to re-routing my insides. I haven't lost enough to not have the sleep apnea which was found during the sleep study but I have learned alot!
Good luck with your continued efforts. I know my guy promised ALL his patients lost 100 pounds.
Future Legend
on 3/29/11 9:39 pm - SC
HAHAHAH...   my diet was not only UNSUPERVISED, but AGAINST MEDICAL ADVICE!    I stopped taking my insulin one day- and stopped eating carbs the same day.

The insurance company wants 6 consecutive months of weigh ins, etc.  I can't do that with my primary since he's in Florida.  I go down every 4 - 6 months, but my old bones can't handle the 10 hour ride once a month.

I'm so NOT looking forward to surgery.  If I could get my butt in gear, I can get back on my do. Maybe what I was missing was the support I got from everyone here.

Remember the guy who broke it off with me because he said I was too big (at about 205).. well lol, we've been living together for the last 2.5 years and I'm back up to 240 - and he doesn't complain.  I don't want to seem like I'm putting any of my complacency on HIM, but I gotta tell ya - when I was seeking someone's approval, it made me work it!  He says he never knew what being happy was until me - big butt and all.  Unfortunately, he keeps telling me he LIKES my big butt!!!!  He did a complete about face, which made me not care as much about taking care of myself.  I go on a diet spurt - and he says "don't lose too much weight, I don't want you skinny",.. arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh    but *I* want to be SKINNY~~~~!!!!

He keeps saying I've gained weight because I'm happy - then pats himself on the back for making me happy!  LOLOLOL    Frankly, I think I've gained weight because I EAT!  I baked and ate my weight in cookies from November to January.. now I'm paying for it~

ah well... let's see what today will bring~

God bless all of you~~
Lori
bethsavon
on 3/16/11 1:49 pm - Staunton, IL
I just logged back in today. You girls were so instrumental in my weight loss a couple of years ago. When I lost my internet connection, I lost you, too. It truly is unfortunate because I have put all my weight back on since then.

Lori, I wish you best and Lord, I remember all the effort you put in to have your body knock you down over and over again. God Bless!

Holly, are you still struggling, girl? I know I am without any other option but to continue to struggle. It stinks for sure.

Beth

You are changing, butterfly! ~ Neecee
Keep doin' the do! ~ Future Legend

HollyRachel
on 3/16/11 2:24 pm
Hi Beth!  I just accidentally clicked on this "bookmark", glad I did!  Yea, still struggling here too. :(   Not sure what my problem is.  Really think it's all head issues, which really stinks.  I've really been paying attention to when I eat, and it's definitely all in my head.  Now if I can just figure out how to put it into action! :)  Glad to hear from you, we should keep in contact...you too Lori!   Would love more diet email buddies.lol :)  Let me know and I'll send you my home email. 
Dee Mackie
on 3/19/11 10:01 am - NJ
Hello there! I got to my goal weight in 2008 and in 2009 life just went to pot. I am slowly pulling myself out of the wreckage and finally learning to put myself first. Glad to see so many are still around, although I am not as active as I was.
HollyRachel
on 3/21/11 6:14 am
Hey there Dee!  Sorry to hear life hasn't been treating you the best.  Glad to hear that you've figured it out and pulling yourself back together.  I remember how successful you were!  Are you still on WW?  
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 421 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 544 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 741 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 963 views