Vegan Diet?? Anyone else?

mommy3x
on 12/13/10 5:50 am - Longview, WA
Never knew just how hard trying to eat Vegan would be....so many things have dairy or eggs. Anyone else only eating vegan? What are some of your fav. products?
(deactivated member)
on 12/17/10 8:28 am
I'm basically vegan - I've lost over 190 pounds in less than two years - I've just had my first reconstructive surgery (lower body lift and arm lift). My diet allows me to eat animal products if I want on just a few "feast" days a year - however I don't miss meat. Funny thing is I found this diet after reading "The China Study" by Dr. Campbell - it was on the NYTime best seller list - he is an NIH funded nutritionist - from him I found Dr. John McDougall and OMG this diet has been a lifesaver. I won't ever change eating this way - I've even gotten rid of diseases I had no idea could be eliminated by diet including allergies and asthma I've had since childhood when I was not obese and arthritis that I've had since I was a teenage.

My diet consists of only whole foods - no junk, no processed foods. BTW, I lost approximately 3 pounds a week for a long time and the weight loss only slowed down as I got near to normal BMI. I eat until I'm satisfied - and I never let myself get hungry.

I've been able to take many of my old favorite recipes and McDougall them - sometimes it means replacing meat with spices. I've found replacing hamburger with black beans works well with a lot of Tex mex dishes or things like Sloppy Joes. I've also worked hard at changing my taste buds so I don't crave unhealthy food. My favorite products are Eden brand canned beans because I'm too lazy to cook them myself and canned are always ready to go as well as Pomi brand chopped tomatoes which are the closed thing to fresh.
HollyRachel
on 12/17/10 11:34 am

Hi there long lost friend. :)

Just had to say congrats to your surgery!  How are you doing? I bet you are looking great!  Wow..you have lost even more weight since the last time I talked to you.  You will have to email me with how you are doing.

Holly

beckyt0909
on 12/24/10 12:52 pm - SC
If you would like to try a shake...Arbonne International has the only Vegan certified shake on the market.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 422 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 544 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 741 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 963 views