So here I am again

mommy3x
on 12/11/10 12:32 pm - Longview, WA
Well I haven't been around in a couple of years. I never went through with the RNY due to my medical coverage change so here I am again but this time I plan on shedding the pounds the natural way. I hope to get to know all of you and get some tips and tricks along the way to losing weight.
clupner
on 12/15/10 4:32 am - Pittsburgh, PA
 Hi, I've been away and was going to have a band, then an RNY.  But in the end, I was really afraid of the complications that could come up long-term.  I have no health issues right now, so I don't want to risk it.  I've been following WW now and doing quite well.

Good luck to you, hopefully we can help each other.

Cindy

KELLY R.
on 2/22/11 2:14 am - PA
RNY on 04/04/12

Hi ladies -

I am in the process of getting my clearances for RNY Gastric bypass surgery but just like  you mommy3x, I've had some changes to my insurance and even though they will cover it 100%, they will only do so at one specific hospital.  I don't have the option to go where I wanted unless I want to pay for 60% of the procedure. 

I too am leaning towards trying again the right way.  My sister is very supportive and on board with losing weight with me.  She's had 2 children in the last 3 years and has put on some weight herself. 

I'm most concerned with all the unknowns.  Everyone who has surgery is different in every way.  From the foods you can tolerate to the complications, etc.  It's scary the way things need to be "re-routed", and the chances of failure are common.  Weightloss in my PERSONAL opinion is about 95% mental.  I know I can do this... but like you I'm looking for support too and these boards are great!!

Peace & Blessings... Kelly                                             

HW 292 / CW 191 / GW 130

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 421 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 544 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 741 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 963 views