when you have exhausted all surgeons close

sparkles217
on 11/15/10 6:36 pm - Roff, OK
i weigh over 650 and so far i am too big for all table that are near that i have checked out.  i went to a dietician today got the post op diet, i had the vertical banded gastroplasty in 2002 and want a revision into whatever they can do.  so here i am.  i got some sensa and have been using it when i remember and i seem to want to eat less later after i use it.  but i don't know if it is really that or not.  just wanted to say hi and here i am.
clupner
on 12/2/10 12:32 am - Pittsburgh, PA
 I can offer you encouragement to follow your diet.  I know it is hard to do, but if you decide to do it, you can do it.  Most of the time we just have to decide to stay on what we have to follow.  

You went through a major surgery many years ago.  Have you been able to see a therapist to help with what might be preventing you from keeping you to your plan?  I'm not trying to beat you up, just trying to help.  You have to love yourself enough to want to save your life.  I don't know what you have to deal with, but life can be hard and if we're here we still have to  move on.  For some reason you are here and you need to fight for yourself.

I know you can do this, so don't give up and do what you have to do for yourself.  Take care.

WASaBubbleButt
on 12/18/10 2:47 am - Mexico
On December 2, 2010 at 8:32 AM Pacific Time, clupner wrote:
 I can offer you encouragement to follow your diet.  I know it is hard to do, but if you decide to do it, you can do it.  Most of the time we just have to decide to stay on what we have to follow.  

You went through a major surgery many years ago.  Have you been able to see a therapist to help with what might be preventing you from keeping you to your plan?  I'm not trying to beat you up, just trying to help.  You have to love yourself enough to want to save your life.  I don't know what you have to deal with, but life can be hard and if we're here we still have to  move on.  For some reason you are here and you need to fight for yourself.

I know you can do this, so don't give up and do what you have to do for yourself.  Take care.

Back in the day I'd venture a guess that VBG failed 100% of people.  It just wasn't a good surgery type.  With our population if we can eat, we do eat.  That's all of us.  If any of us loses restriction we eat.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
WASaBubbleButt
on 12/18/10 2:49 am - Mexico
On November 16, 2010 at 2:36 AM Pacific Time, sparkles217 wrote:
i weigh over 650 and so far i am too big for all table that are near that i have checked out.  i went to a dietician today got the post op diet, i had the vertical banded gastroplasty in 2002 and want a revision into whatever they can do.  so here i am.  i got some sensa and have been using it when i remember and i seem to want to eat less later after i use it.  but i don't know if it is really that or not.  just wanted to say hi and here i am.

You are, by about 50#.  However, it is possible to convert a hospital bed into an OR bed.  It's not easy for the surgeon but hey, that's what he gets paid the big bucks for.

What is your preference for a revision?  DS?

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
katmom_02
on 12/19/10 12:40 am - Orange Park, FL
RNY on 02/20/13

I know this is an old thread, but there is a hospital in Houston Texas that specializes in SSMO people. It might be a bit of a trip, but I'm pretty sure that they have a table that may just make you feel small. Also, if I had your BMI, I would consider the DS in a two-stage surgery....getting the VSG, waiting a hundred lbs or two, then getting the second part of the surgery. It seems to be the safest and best way to go for very high BMI patients.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 421 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 544 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 741 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 963 views