Stopped by to say hello

Chris I.
on 10/11/10 4:43 am
I haven't been on this forum or OH in at lesat 7 months.  Looks like all new faces here, but thought I'd stop in to say hello to my old friends in case they're lurking!

I'm now 8 months post op and 7 pounds from goal.  I'm doing well. I have had no complications. I eat whatever I want, but sweets are now starting to cause some issues. (I like it! :D ) My meal size has grown over the 8 months. I eat slightly less than what a healthy person eats.  I'm still the same ole guy, just a lot smaller and a lot more energetic. I've added some newer pics on my profile if you guys/gals care to take a gander. Still don't seem to find myself in a lot of pics. Probably because I'm always holding the camera.

Some things I've noticed after losing weight:
- You still nit-pick about your body appearance. I still see myself as 330 lbs even though I know better.
- I have 10-20 times more energy
- Moving is much easier
- I no longer feel restrained by my weight. I can do anything without reservation.
- People do NOT treat you differently, but I have been in conversations where I was included in "us skinny guys". I suspect the not being treated differently is because I'm a man. I'm sure women are treated differently.
- The rules of weight loss are different for each person. I've been extremely lucky and haven't had to work hard at all.

Anyways, I'm alive and well.  I wish you all the best of luck with your weight loss!

-=- CHRiS aka "Butterfinger Ho" -=-   

40 lbs lost while pursuing surgery.

MaryEllen OntheEastCoast
on 10/12/10 7:28 am - CT
Wow Chris - you did have the surgery.  Last I remember you were researching the DS.  I am happy that your surgery was a success and wish you all the best.  How do you like the Fobi Pouch?
Chris I.
on 10/12/10 10:25 am, edited 10/12/10 10:25 am
Loving my fobi!  Though my surgeon calls it the vertical banded RNY.  I fought for the DS for 2 years and finally gave up after losing $1500 with the DS surgeon. I had my RNY approved, scheduled and completed in under 4 months with a different surgeon.

HollyRachel
on 10/17/10 3:58 am

Hey there Chris, wow..you look great!  I hardly come here either anymore, but I do glance once in a while to see if it's active again.  Eight pounds away eh?  You are just bookin' on that weight loss! I'm so glad that you are well and healthy and enjoying life! :)  

I have to disagree with you on the fact that everyone treats you the same when you are thinner.  Maybe it's more of a gender thing??  I have a feeling it is.  When I lost a hundred pounds before I noticed a BIG difference on how I was treated.  Sort of sad eh that it effects genders so much.  Guess that goes by saying that it's still a mans world! Unfortunately that is..lol

I start a class next week.  I'm excited about it, something new I've never tried.  It's actually a class on eating, not on nutrition itself. So I'm ecstatic about it, about time they offered something like that.  Most of us obese people already know how to eat right, it's all the rest of the problems that we get in trouble with!  So I'm praying this is my answer.

I would say good luck on losing the last eight pounds, but well...we know it's in the bag! ;) hehe  Your lookin' awesome.  

Chris I.
on 11/17/10 5:13 am
On October 17, 2010 at 10:58 AM Pacific Time, HollyRachel wrote:

Hey there Chris, wow..you look great!  I hardly come here either anymore, but I do glance once in a while to see if it's active again.  Eight pounds away eh?  You are just bookin' on that weight loss! I'm so glad that you are well and healthy and enjoying life! :)  

I have to disagree with you on the fact that everyone treats you the same when you are thinner.  Maybe it's more of a gender thing??  I have a feeling it is.  When I lost a hundred pounds before I noticed a BIG difference on how I was treated.  Sort of sad eh that it effects genders so much.  Guess that goes by saying that it's still a mans world! Unfortunately that is..lol

I start a class next week.  I'm excited about it, something new I've never tried.  It's actually a class on eating, not on nutrition itself. So I'm ecstatic about it, about time they offered something like that.  Most of us obese people already know how to eat right, it's all the rest of the problems that we get in trouble with!  So I'm praying this is my answer.

I would say good luck on losing the last eight pounds, but well...we know it's in the bag! ;) hehe  Your lookin' awesome.  

It definitely seems to be a gender thing. Although if I mention my weight loss everyone tells me how great I look. :)

How's the class going?

I'm now 3 pounds away from goal!  I wouldn't say it's in the bag, but I can tell you I'm not "trying" to lose it. Just letting things happen.  I'm in a size 32 pants and a medium shirt. I'm smaller than all of the "small" guys I used to look up to.  It's time to start doing some weight training though. I'm a big puss and can't lift nearly as much as I once could.  Difference now is I want to do exercise to strenghthen my body.. has nothing to do with looking good or weight loss...which is kind've refreshing. Now I'm just struggling with the gym costs. It's outrageous.

HollyRachel
on 11/18/10 11:42 am

Holy shiznit!  A size 32 and a medium! GOOO YOU!!!  Wow, you are doing great!  Do you think you are pretty much at where you want to be now weight wise?  Or do you feel like you still could lose more?  That is so great.

My class never happened. :(  I'm bummed, really bummed actually.  There wasn't enough people so she didn't do it.  I'm tired of it all.  This past few weeks I've been throwing myself a pity party.  I've just lost it.  All self esteem, all ambition, all motivation down the toilet.  Here I was even about ready to buy us all tickets for a YEAR in advance.  Figure that would get me motivated since I know I can't fit my fat ass in a seat!  Now what am I doing...stalling!!  Feel like I'm giving up on myself.  Trying to figure out how to tell the family now that I won't buy the tickets because mom won't get off her fat butt and move it. lol  Is that a pity party or what!!?!

malo
on 10/26/10 5:54 am
Nice job!  Glad to see everything going so well.  I had the same Dr. so I know we are good there.  I love the program they have setup.  Im down 155 since March.
Chris I.
on 11/17/10 5:17 am
On October 26, 2010 at 12:54 PM Pacific Time, malo wrote:
Nice job!  Glad to see everything going so well.  I had the same Dr. so I know we are good there.  I love the program they have setup.  Im down 155 since March.
They whole process was very smooth with Bauman. I worked with another surgeon in Charlotte and had the worst time getting any answers or callbacks.  Bauman's staff is great. Love Amy to death!  I haven't followed their plan/program to a T.. I'm probably about as non-compliant as they come.  The surgery has taught me how to be "normal", in that my portions are the proper size or smaller and the types of foods I eat are nutritious. I still partake of the normal indulgences, but a single serving is more than satisfactory.  Alas, the trip is not over yet. I still have a great chance of regain and all the other shenanigans, but so far things are working fantastic and I'm happy.

Chris I.
on 12/29/10 2:06 am
I hit goal on Christmas day. Well, actually 1 pound past my goal. I'm now 179 lbs.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 422 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 545 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 742 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 964 views