HCG Diet, Anyone?

mpafford
on 9/30/10 3:25 am - TX
Hello all,

I am looking at this HCG diet I keep hearing about. A friend did this with the injections and lost tons of weight. I know they put you on a very strict diet, so you can't help but loose.
I am looking at the HCG drops instead of the injections.

I would love to hear any feedback from anyone who has tried it.

JennahBLYDNCR
on 10/11/10 12:30 am
The way I see it, your going to lose weight by the strict diet they put you on alone. I really don't see the need for tricking your body into thinking it's pregnant.

Many side effects have been shown in those who take hCG shots for weight loss. Blood clots, depression, headaches and ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome in women have all been cited as common, and even deadly, side effects associated with hCG use

Read more: hCG Diet - Diet Review http://www.dietsinreview.com/diets/hcg-diet/#ixzz123p420e4

ZannaCanada
on 10/26/10 11:30 am
25 years ago, when I was 25, I was on an HCG diet (iInjections) and was able to easily stick to a 500 calroie diet. In fact, i wasn't hungry. It was expensive and I missed the social side of eating so I was only on it for a few weeks. Don't know that it had any side effects give the brief time I was on it.

Now I weigh a lot more than I did then.
OnceARunner
on 11/6/10 2:31 pm - Woodbridge, CT
This hCG diet is very effective; and from what I've researched VERY safe, generally/relatively speaking.  I've researched it in much detail and consulted with doctors and International-level anti-aging experts who share these views.

And there is most definitely a difference in 500 cal diet vs. 500 cal diet + hCG.  You're likely gonna feel STARVED on 500 cal, w/o hCG and likely to lose tons of muscle/lean mass.  Dr. Simeons, who came up with the original hCG protocol was correct when he said that hCG allows one to diet down to very little cals AND: a) feel amost not hunger b) lose mostly fat mass while preserving muscle.  One of the doctors I know in my area also confirmed this, as he measure all patients with hi-tech bio-impedence equipment.

As for cost, if you go through a doc or online or anti-aging clinic, it's typically financial rape, about ~$1,000 for the 6-week protocol.  If your even somewhat search savy though, you'll be able to find it online MUCH cheap (as in $12-35 for a 3 week supply).
BethinSeattle
on 12/2/10 2:58 pm - Federal Way, WA
I have lapband like the first poster does.  In fact I got mine just a few weeks before she did.

I lost 150 lbs in 17 months then slowly began creeping back to as far as 230 lbs.

I began using homeopathic hcg in July and lost 32 lbs in 40 days.. went through the two phases of maintenance which served to reset my metabolism so that I could eat 1800 calories per day without gaining (something I've not be able to do in years)..

I am now on round two and have lost another 16 lbs.  I weight less now than I did at my lowest from lapband.

It has really opened my eyes about food choices.

322/157/170 Reached Goal on 7/30/06
LBL w/o outer thighs on 9/11/06
BL/BA, brach, lipo on 5/16/07
Medial Thigh lift on 01/23/08
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 421 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 544 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 741 views