Hi all!

Kelli S.
on 9/22/10 3:55 am - Kalamazoo, MI

I just wanted to take a minute and introduce myself.

I am Kelli and I am currently pursuing WLS but I am on week 5 of my 12 week pre diet program that my insurance requires. I have been reading several posts and have learned a lot.

I feel like this board will be better suited for me right now as I dont feel very welcomed on the surgical boards since I havent had the surgey yet.

I am looking forward to chatting with all of you!

I am 27 years old, 5' and 3/4" tall. HW: 263 SW: 226 LW: 142 CW: 198

(deactivated member)
on 9/25/10 7:36 am
Hi!  I'm new here too.  I need to lose a hundred pounds, so I investigated options and decided IF I went the surgical route, I wanted a lap band.  When I attended the seminar, it kept coming to me that if I just made the changes BEFORE the surgery that I'd have to make AFTER the surgery anyhow, I wouldn't NEED the surgery!  I decided to make a last ditch effort before starting the pre-surgery stuff.  You might say I'm a "pretend lapbander", which doesn't make me welcome on WLS boards!  Maybe if I just make pretend posts?  :-)  Sure enough, I've lost enough that I now don't qualify for WLS!  I do not have a problem with anyone going the surgical route, and will pursue it myself later if I regain, but for now I'm pretending my way skinny.  This seems like a welcoming group.  Guess we'll see! 
ZannaCanada
on 9/28/10 11:31 am
Hi Kelli,

Welcome and good luck!

I'm still on the fence about WLS, in part because with a BMI of 38 and no comorbidities I'm not covered by insurance. For the past 4 months I've been reading posts on the WLS boards and for the most part have found the members to be welcoming, even for people who haven't had the surgery yet.

As you may have noticed things are sort of quiet on this forum, that's why I read many of the others; there are lots of good tips, some useful now and others worth filing away for the future.

Suzanna
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 422 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 545 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 742 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 964 views