Tips on getting off my a$$

Kelli S.
on 9/22/10 3:57 am - Kalamazoo, MI

Hey all. I am struggling SO much with getting the motivation to exercise. I find every excuse to NOT do it.

Any one have suggestions on what has worked for them to make it easier/more fun to keep my up and moving and motivated?

I am 27 years old, 5' and 3/4" tall. HW: 263 SW: 226 LW: 142 CW: 198

ANEWMii
on 9/22/10 6:28 am - Phoenix, AZ
Welcome to the board!
The thing that worked best for me was to pray for the motivation and strength to want more for myself. I made a commitment to myself that was obtainable. I would move my body in some way, shape or form for 15 minutes a day, when that became too easy I upped it to 20 and so on until I was doing an hour of cardio 5 days a week. If you make small, obtainable goals it is easier to change. Remember why you are doing this and that you are worth it! Hope this helps! God bless you.

Sandi
I'm a whole new Mii! From 273+lbs to 145lbs. and a whole new life!!!
Lost through diet and exercise ( Praise God and thanks Wii Fit! )
Body by God and Dr. Mazaheri!!!!
1st PS 3/30/10 - LBL/Brachio done by the wonderful Dr. Mazaheri
2nd PS 6/1/10 - BL/Thoracoplasty/Full TL of course with Dr. Mazaheri

Thank you God! I will always be grateful for the change you have made in me! All glory is Yours!

DIL_in_IL
on 1/12/11 4:57 am
I see you are scheduled for WLS, how are you doing with all your other requirements? I find the best way to get motivated is to find something you like to do activity wise. Zumba or Jazzercise can be great because it's dancing (what woman doesn't like to dance?) and the routines change before you get bored. My worst problem is getting bored; that's why DVDs never worked for me. Plus when you're in a group setting (I at least) work harder because I think the instructor is wanting me to lose weight and is trying to make us work harder/motivate the class.
I like to bike ride too; the local trails allow me to ride and enjoy nature. Too bad the trails are covered in snow now!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 421 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 544 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 741 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 963 views