encouragement to post

chellelynn3
on 8/13/10 2:45 am - san bernardino, CA
 Hello Everyone!

I hope everyone is doing well, this board has fallen into a rut again, I just want to encourage everyone to participate and post their questions and struggles and triumphs! This is a place of support and we all need each other, there are a lot of new faces around here and some oldies like myself, lets make this place a place for connections again! 

*Update on my journey, I have started losing again, I was at a stand still for months and months, and gaining and losing the same 5 pounds! But I have finally come to a place of surrender in my journey, worked through a lot of my garbage and stuff that was keeping me from progressing in my weight loss journey, I lost a lot of "emotional weight" and that has helped my body to start to release physical weight again. I weighed in at 228 this morning, that is my lowest adult weight! when I married my husband 13 years ago (on Aug 23rd) I weighed 268 so I feel pretty good that after 13 years of marriage I weigh less and not more! not to mention 2 anniversaries ago I was 317 lb's! I have come to a place of contentment (not easy to do) with how my body is releasing this weight, I realized that I was not in a race, so I took myself out of the imaginary weight loss race and decided to realize all that I have accomplished in the last 18 months and be ok with where im at and the amount of time it takes for the rest of my goal to be accomplished. I also asked God to show me how much he designed my body to weigh and then asked that he would take me to that weight. That is what I mean by surrender.  So far since I have surrendered that to him, I have seen a steady decline on the scale, I am only weighing in on Fridays, though I am not losing tons of weight each week, I am losing and that is what counts! I lost 1 solid pound this week and though it would be great if it were more, I am satisfied with that! so how are you doing? what is going on with your weight loss journey?  

Michelle Hendrickson Holistic Health Coach http://www.gracioushealth.net

ANEWMii
on 8/13/10 5:02 am - Phoenix, AZ
Congrats Sister! I'm so proud of you! God bless!

Sandi
I'm a whole new Mii! From 273+lbs to 145lbs. and a whole new life!!!
Lost through diet and exercise ( Praise God and thanks Wii Fit! )
Body by God and Dr. Mazaheri!!!!
1st PS 3/30/10 - LBL/Brachio done by the wonderful Dr. Mazaheri
2nd PS 6/1/10 - BL/Thoracoplasty/Full TL of course with Dr. Mazaheri

Thank you God! I will always be grateful for the change you have made in me! All glory is Yours!

chellelynn3
on 8/13/10 6:07 am - san bernardino, CA
 Thank you my friend, I appreciate you more than you know! 

clogginmama_of7
on 8/13/10 8:08 am
Way to go! I too have to surrender it to the Lord - I know I don't have the "willpower" on my own. Thanks for encouraging all of us - yeah! It can be done. I've been married 15 years, had 5 babies (3 c-sections) and weigh just about the same as the day I got married - although things have "shifted" some! 5 babies does that to you! What a joy it will be when I can finally say that I weigh less now than I did when I was married! GOOD JOB! My husband has never seen me thin, come to think of it NOBODY has ever seen me thin. Keep up the good work!!!! Blessings, Stacy

Being confident of this very thing, that He which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ.  Philippians 1:6         Stacy in CA
chellelynn3
on 8/13/10 11:22 am - san bernardino, CA
 Thank you! I appreciate it! 

ValueMe
on 8/15/10 11:26 pm
Thank-You for your comments. I feel the same way about My Life's journey into Living Wellness/Healthy. For Me I see the weight loss as a short road trip...be it 1, 2, 3 years to get to My wt loss goal. My focus is on eating healthy, activity, a little exercise routine, and all round Living Healthy. I just feel and know that as long as I eat healthy, lower My caloric intake and have some exercise in this stage, My Body will lose weight, and it has not let Me down. Sometimes I get in a rush and try to do too much but that ends up sabatoging Myself. So My motto is Steady As She Goes, Just Be Constant and I'll get to where I need to be.

Much continued success on your Wellness goals.

Be Well, Live Well
I Am Most Excellent - Affirmed Only Of GOD.
I wish for You, what I pray for Myself: Wellness, Happiness and Success In ALL Things Good! 
I know for Sure I Control: My Attitude and Effort, My Health and Happiness.

chellelynn3
on 8/16/10 1:51 am - san bernardino, CA
 Thats Awesome! I really like that idea of the short road trip, great way to look at it!  Thanks for sharing! 

(deactivated member)
on 8/20/10 5:39 am - Rochester, NY
Glad to see you're losing again.  I think the most important thing about plateaus is that we learn from them.  I have lost 25lb since the end of April, but it has been a very slow process for the most part.  Have really been just maintaining for most of the summer, down a pound or two, but finding all the social situations and vacations challenging to say the least.

I too have come to a new peace with my body.  Been overweight all my life (age 64) and morbidly obese for most of my adult life.  I haven't consistently lost weight for four months in YEARS.  What has made the difference for me is the accountability of The Daily Weigher Thread on Low Carb Friends.  I know weighing yourself every day is discouraged by a lot of people, but believe me...I need to know that I have to post my weight every morning....it has really helped.  I make my goal to weigh less each month and it will all add up eventually.  I have given up on restrictive diets...don't do well being told I CAN'T eat certain things....deprivation leads to self sabotage and eventually a binge.  No food is excluded from my diet, but making healthier choices and using portion control....and most importantly of all, NOT BEATING MYSELF UP ABOUT MY WEIGHT ANYMORE!!

I'm wearing a couple of size smaller clothes....more selection in my closet....more energy....and feeling better about life in general.  I've spent YEARS in the "dieting" mode....trying to stick to plans, failing, throwing in the towel and feeling like I "blew it" and then eating everything in sight and experiencing all the guilt and shame that comes with it.  NO MORE!!  Life is good and I'm sure I'm a much easier person to be around.

Good luck to all of you and be kind to yourselves....baby steps is the only way to go.  As long as that scale keeps going in a downward direction, I'm one happy camper.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 422 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 545 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 742 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 964 views