Saturday weigh-in

clogginmama_of7
on 7/10/10 4:09 am
I'm going to start weighing every Saturday morning to give myself some accountability - and report it to you all - that's even better accountability!!  I'm new to the board - on my way to WLS and decided it's not for me, at least not yet.  I admit the surgery is very scary to me and  maybe I'm a chicken, but maybe that will motivate me. So, I weigh 261 on my bathroom scale which is not very reliable, and 253 on the wii-fit which has been more accurate, so that's what I'm going with (plus I like that number better!:)  I will try to get a ticker soon - when I get to a computer with faster internet.  I'd also like to keep track of my exercise and report that.  I need to do at least 5 hours a week.  I did get at least that this last week.  I hope somebody out there will partner with me (the more the merrier!).  Here's to a great week! 
Blessings, Stacy in California 
ANEWMii
on 7/11/10 3:36 am - Phoenix, AZ
I think that is a great plan! I love the Wii Fit (as you can see from my name and avatar)! I have lost over 100lbs using Wii Fiti for my cardio exercise. I weighed in once a week then when I hit goal I weighed in every two weeks and I still do that. The only exception in when I have been recovering form my plastic surgeries. Then I didn't weigh in until I could see the swelling had gone down. I'm excited for you and I wish you the very best on your journey to a healthier you! God bless you.

Sandi

Sandi
I'm a whole new Mii! From 273+lbs to 145lbs. and a whole new life!!!
Lost through diet and exercise ( Praise God and thanks Wii Fit! )
Body by God and Dr. Mazaheri!!!!
1st PS 3/30/10 - LBL/Brachio done by the wonderful Dr. Mazaheri
2nd PS 6/1/10 - BL/Thoracoplasty/Full TL of course with Dr. Mazaheri

Thank you God! I will always be grateful for the change you have made in me! All glory is Yours!

chellelynn3
on 7/11/10 12:00 pm - san bernardino, CA
 welcome to the board! unfortunately things can get kinda slow around here, but please come and report how you are doing, a lot of us around here came to OH because we were going to have WLS and decided it was not for us. That is how I found this page! so again welcome and feel free to post anytime! maybe we can get the ball rolling with some posters again soon!    

Michelle Hendrickson Holistic Health Coach http://www.gracioushealth.net

clogginmama_of7
on 7/12/10 2:48 am
wow! you guys have both done great! Sandi, what specific wii-fit exercises did you do that you liked and worked well? I know there are more games I can buy, but I'd like to buy one that has been recommended! Also, did you guys follow any specific eating plan or just try to eat more sensibly and cut down? That's what I'm trying to do - eat less and move more! I figure if I can lose 1 pound a week, that's 52 in a year and some lap-banders don't even get that. I think I've always been so caught up in losing big numbers really fast (which NEVER happened) that I got discouraged and gave up. If I just keep going, I will lose and I won't gain it back!! Thanks for your support - I'm really gonna need it. Yes, the Lord is my main strength and without Him, I can't do it. Blessings, Stacy
ANEWMii
on 7/13/10 9:11 am - Phoenix, AZ
Thanks, I've got to give the glory to God! He has changed me inside and out. Congrats to you for starting this journey on changing your life! I'm so excited for you!  My favorite Wii Fit workout is the 30min free step. I also box, bike, do the free runs and hula hoop. I'm in love with my Wii Fit! I'm grateful to Nintendo for creating it. I have lost over 100 lbs of my weight using just the Wii for my cardio. After I got into better shape, about half way through, I added free weights and abs to my exercise routine. I still use my Wii for my cardio. I'm 6 weeks today post op from my 2nd round of plastics and have just started back to stepping. I'm so glad to be able to do it again. I really missed it! My husband loves to do the obstacle course on Wii Fit. He is alway tring to beat our sons' and his own high score. He really works up a sweat and because it is so much fun, you don't really feel like you are exercising. As far as diet goes, I didn't go on any kind of diet or program. I just made better food choices, watched my portions and was accountable for everything I put in my mouth. I didn't deprive myself, I just made an agreement that if I indulged in something high calorie, I would hold myself to extra workout to burn it off. I also didn't pressure myself like I had in the past. I took it step by step and meal by meal. That's how I'm doing maintainance as well.  Most importantly, I prayed for God to guide me and show me who I truely was. God is faithful and good!
I wish you the very best. God bless you.

Sandi
I'm a whole new Mii! From 273+lbs to 145lbs. and a whole new life!!!
Lost through diet and exercise ( Praise God and thanks Wii Fit! )
Body by God and Dr. Mazaheri!!!!
1st PS 3/30/10 - LBL/Brachio done by the wonderful Dr. Mazaheri
2nd PS 6/1/10 - BL/Thoracoplasty/Full TL of course with Dr. Mazaheri

Thank you God! I will always be grateful for the change you have made in me! All glory is Yours!

clogginmama_of7
on 7/15/10 6:00 am
Sandi,  Thanks so much!! I'm still having a tough time of it and haven't exercised much this week, but just knowing I have friends out there to cheer me on and pray for me is great.  I go to my clogging class tonight for 2-3 hours and tomorrow, I WILL get on the wii.  Blessings, Stacy
crystal4526
on 7/12/10 5:45 am - Lynn, MA
I was suppose to have RNY and have since decided against it.  I think I need to give losing weight another chance. A real chance, I need to work at it.  I currently weight almost 350lbs this is the most I have ever weighed and got this heavy quickly.  I feel like I gained 100lbs in a year, so if I can gain it that quickly hopefully I can lose it too.  My plan is to cut the carbs, sugars, and add more protein and excerise!!  I LOVE the idea of weighing in and I will join you if you dont mind!!
(deactivated member)
on 7/13/10 12:47 am - Rochester, NY
Stacy and Crystal....welcome to both of you and I think a weekly accountability is a great idea!!  We all need that accountability to help stay on track through the tough times/choices. 

I think it's also a good idea to not want to try and get it off all at once and then become discouraged, cause as we all know, it certainly takes more time to lose it than gain it (for whatever reason). 

I wish you both success.  I'm not on here all the time but try to comment when I can and post how I'm doing here and there too.
chellelynn3
on 7/13/10 2:06 am - san bernardino, CA
 A lot of things had to happen for me to really change, and to be quite honest with you I am still changing, this is such a process and journey to a new you. Like you I rely on the Lord to change me and show me who I truly am, which as you know is not an easy task, sometimes we want  to hold so tightly to things, even things that are not good for us! I had to do a complete overhaul on my nutrition, I had tried this a couple of times before, only to fall back into old habits, this time I decided there was no going back, I got my whole family on board, (my husband and 3 young children ages 10,8 and 3) I was on a mission to change the way we all looked at food and what we ate in our home, NO it was not easy, and as I learned how to eat better and eat the way God designed our bodies to eat, whole natural unprocessed foods, as times I came against great opposition and a lot of complaining! and at times I confess I was more of a dictator telling them what was and was not allowed, but I have learned, we all have, this is life and we all need to have room to breath, the great thing is my children see the benefit of good healthy food, when my 3 year old is hungry she asks for an apple or strawberries etc.. when my kids are thirsty they ask for water, we still go out for treats like frozen yogurt and we still love to bake, we just do things differently now, I use whole grains and real natural ingredients, I make most of our meals and snacks at home and eating out is now something that is a real treat because we dont do it all the time like we used to. When I fist started this journey, after I decided the WLS was not for me, there were a couple of tools  i used to help get me started, I used a program called Isagenix, which is very much on board with all natural and organic eating, I used there food and supplements everyday, (I still do actually) and I started going to the gym 4 to 5 days per week which I also still do . I also came to this website a lot and got inspired by others that were on similar journeys. I hit a plateau back in Nov. around Thanksgiving, then through the holidays gained about 9 lb's back, then after the holidays lost the 9 lb's and a little more and have plateaud again for the last 4 months or so, I am just now getting to the point where I think I am ready to get my head back in the game and get serious about losing this last 60 lb's! so that is my journey in a nutshell, hope it helps you!

Michelle Hendrickson Holistic Health Coach http://www.gracioushealth.net

clogginmama_of7
on 7/13/10 5:55 am
Thanks everyone! It'll be so nice to have a group of like-minded friends to talk with and weigh-in with. Does anyone have a treadmill and USE it? I've wanted to get one, but don't want it to be another dust collector I do like walking, but sometimes it's just too hot/cold. Oh, I'm probably just making excuses!! Gotta get on the wii-fit and get myself moving. I'm so thankful my 7 children are healthly and don't have a weight problem (hubby is skinny too). I have tried to feed us well - I just eat waaaaay tooooo much. I was already obese when I married - I'm basically the same weight I was when I married 15 years ago. So I guess I'm a good maintainer, but lousy at losing. Have a wonderful week all! Blessings, Stacy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 422 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 545 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 742 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 964 views