Are you letting go of old misguided ideas?

Molly S.
on 7/6/10 2:13 am - Chicago, IL

Even though written for WLS patients, this inspiration is on point for ones who have not had WLS also.

Let go of old ideas.

Some weight loss surgery patients are afraid to eat when they are told to progress from pureed to solid food--and they restrict what they eat. Others start sneaking foods they miss early on, and suffer the physical consequences.

WLS does not remove misguided ideas about food and eating. It only makes your stomach smaller and sometimes introduces a malabsorptive component. What you think about food and how you eat is your job to evaluate and modify. You might need some help from a nutritionist, coach, or therapist. The "new you" wants to take responsibility for practicing a new way of thinking and a new way of approaching food. Do you have a sane approach to eating and food that is based on your new physical and emotional needs?

Action for the day: Take a few minutes today to consider how you think about eating and food. Are your ideas about these things going to serve you well now?

© 2007, National Association for Weight Loss Surgery. All rights reserved. Daily Inspirations are provided by the National Association for Weight Loss Surgery. Get our free report,  How to Regain-Proof Your Weight Loss Surgery at .www.nawls.com

HW 611  Pre-opW 580   LW 302  GW 238         

(deactivated member)
on 7/6/10 9:50 am
Interesting post - I know in the past I've tried to severely limit my calories and went about extremely hungry for a short time - shed weight quickly and then something inside my head exploded and I went on a rampage eating everything in sight. I finally got to my sane approach and it's been mostly smooth sailing for me. I guess that's part of finding success?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 422 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 545 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 742 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 964 views