TRY SOMETHING NEW

Molly S.
on 7/5/10 8:53 am - Chicago, IL

Try something new.

There comes a time when what you are doing stops working. Then its time to try something new--whether that "something new" is stepping up your exercise routine, changing your diet, or getting more information on an aspect of recovery you know little about.

Human nature is to like doing things the way you've always done them. Change is tiring and scary. Yet change can be a good thing. It helps you grow (or shrink as the case may be). You may need to get a personal trainer to help you develop a new exercise routine or see a nutritionist about adjusting your menu. When the tried-and-true stops working, it's time to try something new.

Action for the day: Have some things in your routine stopped working? If so, research what you can do differently.
© 2007, National Association for Weight Loss Surgery. All rights reserved. Daily Inspirations are provided by the National Association for Weight Loss Surgery. Get our free report,  How to Regain-Proof Your Weight Loss Surgery at .www.nawls.com

HW 611  Pre-opW 580   LW 302  GW 238         

(deactivated member)
on 7/5/10 12:22 pm
Excellent post Mollie. I'm reading a book "Breaking the Food Seduction" by Dr. Neal Barnard and there is a section in his book addressing just this - making changes to get out of your rut of poor eating. He cites research that shows changing where or when you do things can make a big difference in making changes in your diet. As it turns out DH and I did some of that when we switched to our new way of eating - and we did it without knowing it was a smart thing to do. We decided to go to the mall and walk before eating dinner. By changing when we ate, it changed a lot of things - we were hungry so that early new food tasted good while I was learning new ways to cook and still looking for new and tasty recipes. It left us less time infront of the TV to eat snack food etc.

I can see changing your exercise routine can also be good too.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 422 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 545 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 742 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 964 views