Survived June's roller coaster ride.

Molly S.
on 6/30/10 7:12 am - Chicago, IL

June was a roller coaster month for me & I survived it.....:-)

June 5th I reached one of my milestones which is 20 pounds lost.  I was so excited.  Then I maintained that for about 3 days and the scale started going up since it was that “time of the month."  I know my weight fluctuates during that time of the month but still I got very discouraged.  By the end of the week I went on a 3 day binge and the roller coaster ride begins. 

After a reflection back I realized I really sabotaged myself and I have definitely learned from this experience.  I realize I could have been gaining weight from my monthly visitor and started weight training about 4 weeks prior so I could have possibly started building muscle also.  Who knows? All I know is, I knew from past experience to stop weighing myself daily when my period comes on.  I did not do this; instead I kept on weighing and seeing the scale go up for no reason.  I am good when I know why the scale is moving up. 

From the past I know if I stay on track when my period is off and I get on scale I have lost weight most times if I was on track.  This time the scale got the better of me and I started grazing and finally did a 3 day binge and when I went to weigh I was up 12 pounds!  Now I was truly upset, but I stopped beating myself up after one day of depression.  Took one step and one day at a time and kept on exercising and tracking my food.  Today at the end of June 29, 2010 I am happy to report I have re-lost those 12 pounds and I am back at my 20 pounds lost. 

I am back to weighing daily and next time my visitor comes I will immediately stop weighing.  Even if it not that “time of the month" and I can’t explain a weight gain, I am going to step away from the scale for a few days.  It is a terrible thing to know you are eating fine and you are gaining weight—but it happens and it has happened to me before. I am not sure why I let it get to me this time, but usually I do not. 

I will be better prepared next time because I don’t want to have another 12 pound gain from a grazing/binge episode any time soon.  My monthly weigh in is Monday July 5th and I go out of town Friday for the weekend.  My goal is to maintain my 20 pounds weight loss until Monday, which will give me maintenance for June. I will let you know Monday how the rollercoaster month of June ended. 

I am praying for a maintain or loss for the month on June.  If I gain at least I do know one thing, it will not be 12 pounds….:-)  Perseverance, patience and positive – it really works!!  Have a  wonderful, fun, & safe weekend!

HW 611  Pre-opW 580   LW 302  GW 238         

toniteach
on 6/30/10 7:41 am - Houston, TX
Proud of you, Molly.  Good introspection!

I know for me, my fluid shift is HORRIBLE one week before AND the week of my "visitor".  She is *such a hag!*  AND a drag!  

Just know you are not alone, and I totally know what you go through.  It's hard not to be discouraged for those few weeks each month. 

Ah, the joys of womanhood!

Take good care!
Molly S.
on 6/30/10 8:06 am - Chicago, IL
And the other draw back is when I am exercising it takes of minute for my body to regulate to the new activities and it make me irregular for a few months.  Thanks for you encouragement!

HW 611  Pre-opW 580   LW 302  GW 238         

(deactivated member)
on 6/30/10 9:23 am - Rochester, NY
Wow Molly, guess you did have a roller coaster ride.  Congratulations for getting it back off and not making your month a total loss.  Sounds like there were some good lessons learned in the process. 

Enjoy your holiday weekend.  Sometimes "maintenance" is a good plan for times like that.

Guess there are some advantages to menopause!    (except it's a WHOLE lot harder to lose than it used to be when I was younger)
(deactivated member)
on 7/1/10 12:24 am
(((HUGS))) Molly - wow, that was quite a nasty ride. I'm so glad you were able to not only get back on the wagon but also analyzed the problem and found a solution so you can avoid it next time. That TOM is really tricky because your body is craving unhealthy food - so it's not just the weight gain from fluids to deal with.

Sherrie is right - I don't miss my TOM but I do miss my younger metabolism.
Molly S.
on 7/1/10 4:32 am - Chicago, IL
Thanks so much!! I started not to post this because of the men on the site, but there are more women and this is the worst time of the month to try to stay focused for many of us who still get TOM.  Every once in a while I have a complete collapse and this month was one of them.  Now it will be a long time before I have a complete break down like this one because I am going to stop weighing myself immediately. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 422 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 545 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 742 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 964 views