Planning for success

(deactivated member)
on 7/1/10 12:37 am
I think the smartest thing I've learned this time is planning to be successful with my diet to shed weight.

When I started my diet I gave away or threw out all food that wasn't allowed or that I ate in an out of controll fashion. I filled my pantry and freezer with foods that are healthy and tasty. There are no cookies, chips etc. in my house to tempt me off my diet.

I also thought ahead of what I would order in different restaurants and how I would handle going some where that didn't have food I could eat. I figured out ahead of time what I would do when travelling. I have so many options in my head that it would be extremely rare to come into a situation that I don't have plan on how to eat. You can't imagine how helpful this is and how many times it has saved me from making a mistake. I know one mistake won't hurt but it's always hard to get back on that wagon when you made a mistake.

I also worked on head issues related to success - I had to see that I was worthy of success - I deserve to have good self esteem.

Can you share things you've done to be successful in shedding weight?
mwy
on 7/1/10 2:33 pm
Yes, planning, planning, and then more planning!  Amazing how there was a time when I would have done all of that for others but somehow I didn't think that I was worth the effort.  Learning to value ones own needs can be a long hard road, but the work has to be done if one is to be successful.

Another thing I had to deal with...hating exercise.  I still don't like it but I like the results.  That makes the misery worth it!

Mary 
Molly S.
on 7/5/10 7:22 am - Chicago, IL
After having WLS and regaining almost one third of my weight back, I agree with everything you said.  Plan, plan, and more planning.  But even more than that I have to say dealing with the Why's is even more important.  If we never deal with the head issues we will never really be a success at keeping the weight off. 

So for me head issues is a must.  Once I figure out the why's and a prevention system then I can go ahead and successfully reach my goals for a life time.  This is the hardest piece or key to weight loss.  If you notice many programs are now adding this key to their programs. 

Thanks for making me rethink this again.  Your reminders are very helpful and you are truly an inspiration to me and you make me believe I can re-lose my weight and reach the goal I never met after my WLS!!

HW 611  Pre-opW 580   LW 302  GW 238         

ANEWMii
on 7/7/10 2:23 am - Phoenix, AZ
I totally agree Skylar. For me the most important thing was to decide that I was worth a different life. To want more for myself. Figuring out why I was fat, and receiving healing in those areas is to key to never returning there. I also don't pressure myself like I used to. I am a new person and I live like one. I try to see myself through God's eyes and not the world's view of perfection. Also,  I'm no longer chained to a bad relationship with food.I used to hate it, now I see it as a way to keep my body nourished and healthy. I love the new me. I am so grateful!

Sandi
I'm a whole new Mii! From 273+lbs to 145lbs. and a whole new life!!!
Lost through diet and exercise ( Praise God and thanks Wii Fit! )
Body by God and Dr. Mazaheri!!!!
1st PS 3/30/10 - LBL/Brachio done by the wonderful Dr. Mazaheri
2nd PS 6/1/10 - BL/Thoracoplasty/Full TL of course with Dr. Mazaheri

Thank you God! I will always be grateful for the change you have made in me! All glory is Yours!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 422 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 545 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 742 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 964 views