2 thumbs up for The "Losing It with Jillian Micheals Show"

Molly S.
on 6/21/10 12:16 pm - Chicago, IL

Well I just finished up the rest of the Losing it with Jillian Show and it was good.  What I like about the show is she attempts to get to the root of the over eating.  I have always felt on The Biggest Loser that she is better of digging down deeper than the physical.  She knows it is some mental issues that causes the over eating in most cases.  And she really understands that in order to keep weight off the mental stuff has to me dealt with.  She is hard core but she gets the job done and her clients love her for it.

Two thumbs up from me!!  If you have not seen it, check it out because there may be something you can relate to.  I know I could relate on many of the issues she uncovered.  Check it out.  Full episodes are on line also.  If you watched them, what are your thoughts? 

HW 611  Pre-opW 580   LW 302  GW 238         

(deactivated member)
on 6/21/10 12:56 pm
I never really watched The Biggest Loser - I did catch a few snippets so I have an idea what that show is like. I did watch what I think was the first episode where she went to the home - one family had a daughter getting married and the daughter had had WLS but the rest of the family needed help to shed their weight - BUT all of them, included the daughter clearly needed psychological work too which is part of what Jillian did. It was great seeing the final results and how happy everyone was. I did think she pushed them a little hard physically but then we don't see what gets edited out of the show - because I thought the parents looked really ill the first time in the gym. She clearly cares about the people, but she definitely shows tough love.

I'm not much of a TV watcher - but if I'm flicking through the channels and it's on, I will watch it. I find it helpful to watch shows like this because some of these problems are/were my problems and it doesn't hurt to get reinforcement and education. Do you feel the same way?
Molly S.
on 6/21/10 1:17 pm - Chicago, IL
Absolutely I feel the same way.  Free therphy for me....:-)  I am still working thru my issues.  Some resolve and some are not and that show was deep.  Because the Dad had WLS 1st and he gained all of his weight back.  Tough love is a good thing, especially if you ask for it.  Everyone knows Jillian kicks butt and absolutely has no mercy at the gym! lol!  With her and Bob workout people are always sick and throwing up the 1st days or week.  Some of these folks have NEVER worked out before. 

I believe that is why some do no****ch the show.  They can't deal with references that they see as themselves.   My Mom and Ex Boss both were ones in denial and could not take TBL so I know they would not be able to take Jillian show. 
(deactivated member)
on 6/21/10 9:01 pm
LOL - yes, free therapy. I forgot that the Dad had WLS and gained the weight back. I never knew people were sick and throwing up on TBL show - so I guess as trainers they know how far they can push and clearly it's farther than I push myself.

Well she certainly got results - everyone on that first show looked amazing and in a fairly short period of time. Just shows you what you can do when you keep your focus and work towards your goal.
toniteach
on 6/21/10 11:24 pm - Houston, TX
Hi Molly and Skylar,

I do no****ch any reality TV, but I set my DVR to record her reruns.  Thanks for taking the time to tell us about it.  I love the idea of extra "therapy" too!

Thanks again
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 422 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 545 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 742 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 964 views