I never thought I'd post this

(deactivated member)
on 6/20/10 11:11 pm
When I first started, I had a boat load of weight to shed - just thinking about how long it would take to shed this weight was depressing. I assume that everyone who is obese feels the same way?

Anyhow, one of my goals was to shed half my weight, but I never really thought I'd get that far - I didn't know when and where my weight loss would end but I never could picture myself getting close to normal weight.

Now I have shed half my weight - and in fact I missed when it happened - I just passed right by it and didn't blink an eye. My highest known weight (I weighed more but I don't know that number) was 336. Half my weight is 336 divided by 2 = 168. But I now weight 162.5 so I missed celebrating what I used to think was an unattainable goal. 168 pounds is a nice healthy weight for an average height male - to think that I used to carry that weight on my body in fat is unbelievable to me now.

For those of you who are struggling, I want you to know that there is hope and the rewards of shedding weight are enormous so you have to keep working on it even when you feel defeated by life.

One of the things that kept me going was coming here to the Non-surgical forum and participating - which means posting although there were times I lurked too. I found that when I posted - either making new topics or responding to others it really helped keep me focused. It makes me sad to see that the board is so slow these days. I wish I could help make it more active so it could help others the same way it has helped me. I wish the lurkers would come and play.
chellelynn3
on 6/21/10 1:53 am - san bernardino, CA
 What a wonderful accomplishment Skylar!  and you are soo close to you goal!!! how exciting 

Michelle Hendrickson Holistic Health Coach http://www.gracioushealth.net

(deactivated member)
on 6/21/10 6:59 am
Thanks Michelle. It's weird because I never thought I'd get this far and the idea of being at goal and having to maintain is scary now. I know that Ruth and Mary talked about maintenance is harder that shedding weight.
Molly S.
on 6/21/10 1:54 am - Chicago, IL
Congratulations!!!   and thanks for this post!!  Keep up the good work!  I think the slow down is due to summer time and less time to come here.  I know that is the case for me.  I am off work today and so was checking in.  I had WLS but that was about 6 years ago.  I am getting support from anyone.  I check this site and myfitnesspal.com for support.  I like this forum because I get many tips and support that will help me lose the next 200 pounds I need to lose.

I have been sort of up and down for the last 4 months -- but I have managed to lose 20 pounds.  Your post gives me confirmation that I can reach my ultimate goal.  Thanks again.

HW 611  Pre-opW 580   LW 302  GW 238         

(deactivated member)
on 6/21/10 7:09 am
Hi Molly, good to see you back on. Yes, I do agree things slow down in the summer.

Wow, you've shed 20 pounds - that's a very healthy amount - and yes, if you just keep plugging away, a day at a time it does start to add up to reaching the ultimate goal.
toniteach
on 6/21/10 11:29 am - Houston, TX
(deactivated member)
on 6/21/10 12:43 pm
Thanks Toni.

In many ways I'm finding this part the hardest part of the journey - the weight is shedding more slowly and I'm beginning to face the reality of maintenance. Weird isn't it, I thought the hardest was getting started. 
toniteach
on 6/21/10 11:18 pm - Houston, TX
Oh Skylar, I think you are right on the money...I am scared to death of the "maintaining" phase.  I have the tools in my brain to lead a healthy life through diet (not dieting) and exercise, but my heart is still terrified of becoming extremely obese again!  I'll just have to stick with OH for the rest of my life!  I need support. 
(deactivated member)
on 6/22/10 12:37 pm - Rochester, NY
Skylar....so happy for you!  What an accomplishment!  And I think the best part of it all was that you and your hubby have done this together and really completely changed your lifestyle...so many healthy choices.  You continue to be an inspiration!!

Good luck on your plastic surgery consults too....that must be scary.  If I ever get this weight off, I'm not gonna worry about the excess skin...but then I'm in my 60's, so that makes a difference.  You deserve to achieve your dreams and have the body you've worked so hard for.
(deactivated member)
on 6/25/10 4:54 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
AWESOME!  Enjoy every ounce you've shed!!!!
Proud of you!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 422 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 545 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 742 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 964 views