Where is everyone now that summertime is here?

chellelynn3
on 6/18/10 3:23 am - san bernardino, CA
 Things are getting pretty quite around here again, how is everyone doing? anything new to report? the kids and I have been busy finishing up end of school year stuff and summer activity planning, today we have a birthday party to attend this evening and then Fathers day weekend it busy busy! I hope everyone is well and achieving some great things in life and their weight loss journey, I personally still have not stepped on the scale, I went through burn out and am still not ready to see where I am at??? I did however hit a very important non scale fitness goal that I set for myself, I ran on the treadmill at the gym the other day for 10 whole minutes without stopping!!! I cant believe it, I felt so accomplished! other than that I am not letting my weight loss journey "rule" me any longer, I took myself out of the line of fire, putting tremendous amounts of pressure on myself and feeling like I had to do better than I already was, got me no where fast! well it did get me crashing head first into a block wall, so lesson is being learned and I am trying a new less pressured more forgiving approach, and it is a lot more enjoyable, and something that I know I can work with from here on out! so let me know how you all have been what are your plans for summer? anything fun?  

Michelle Hendrickson Holistic Health Coach http://www.gracioushealth.net

(deactivated member)
on 6/18/10 5:53 am
Hi Michelle, I've been really busy for a few days and didn't get a chance to come by this neck of the woods.

I have my first consult next week with a plastic surgeon and I'm excited and scared. Excited at the possibilities of what he can do to make me look normal and scared that he will say I'm too fat or something like that - which is part of my "fat" girl thinking. I've made the next appointment a few weeks later so I have time to think about and research what this surgeons says before I meet with the next one. I've been hanging over at the plastic surgery forum lately as part of my preparation. I'm still very up in the air as to when I will have shed enough weight for surgery and I think that is a very important question that the plastic surgeon can help me with. During my whole weight shedding I've struggled with what my goal weight should be - I want to be slim and healthy, not anorexic or sick looking. Because I've been obese for so long, and 2/3s of americans are overweight or obese - like most people I've lost the ability to know what slim looks like.

I really like your current approach - your goal of running is fabulous and as long as you are making healthy choices in your food you will shed weight at the right pace. Wow 10 whole minutes running - fantastic.
chellelynn3
on 6/18/10 8:32 am - san bernardino, CA
 Thanks! and awesome for you that you have your first consult with your surgeon!!! I look forward to that day for myself! im sure it will be great! just be sure to come back and let us know what you find out!! I am so excited for you!! I look around the plastic surgery board myself, I have a friend or 2 over there and I like looking at all the amazing before and afters! here is another thing with the "fat Girl" thinking that I caught myself thinking, I am taking my kids to this park day class as part of our homeschool, I met a lady on an online forum who is part of this class, we had kids the same ages so we wanted to meet up and give our kids a chance to meet and play, she told me what she looked like and then asked me what I looked like so we could find each other easily at the park, the first thought in my mind was "well, im fat" and I have brown hair..... it comes so automatic doesn't it??   but still working on letting that fat girl go! 

Michelle Hendrickson Holistic Health Coach http://www.gracioushealth.net

peachpie
on 6/29/10 3:02 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15
 I just came back from vacation, spent a week in Myrtle Beach. Had a great time. Vacations are typically a challenge for me eating wise- you tend to eat so much crap. My rule of thumb was I needed to try and make one healthy decision with each meal. So sometimes it was drinking water with my meal, ordering  grilled options, etc. I tried to exercise during the trip but the equipment in the hotel gym was CRAP. 

My WI day is usually Friday and I missed it last week and am somewhat anxious about WI this week. I'll head back to he gym in the morning... my eating is pretty much back on track- well except for the b-day my husband insisted on baking for me :-0

I'm glad i came on and read some posts- it'll help jump start me back into the swing of things. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 422 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 545 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 742 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 964 views