Xpotst: I'm back home....... I did it!

(deactivated member)
on 6/9/10 11:16 pm - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi everyone!
I'm back home.
It was a FANTASTIC trip, I had a wonderful time with family and friends.
The flight to NY was harder than the return but bottom line I am so happy and proud that I did it.  And the best part...... I believe I can do it again and am already planning my next trip and my next and my next.....  

Some of my friends, some former co-workers and even a couple of family members did not recognize me at all.  The reaction from everyone to seeing the small me were priceless.  I wish I had a camera crew with it, it would have been great to re-watch.

My closest friends and family could not believe the pictures of me flying the little plane.  That experience sure helped me with overcoming my paralyzing fear. 
Thanks to everyone hear *****commended the hypnotherapy.  That was what I needed.  That definitely took the panic out of me.  I'm a believer!

I think at this point I wouldn't say I love it, I don't HATE it and I'm not paralyzed by it.  I'm looking forward to my next flight and feel like I've gained an enormous amount of freedom.....I can go anywhere I want to go now.  WAHOO!!!

I've got to catch up on all the messages I missed over the past 6 days.....I'll do that this afternoon.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Thanks for the support with overcoming my paralyzing fear of flying.
Catch you later...
peachpie
on 6/10/10 12:16 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15
 Yeah for you!!!! It so great when we overcome what causes us anxiety.

And did I read right- did you actually pilot a plan yourself?? Talk about jumping in with both feet!! :-)

ANEWMii
on 6/10/10 12:37 am - Phoenix, AZ
Congrats Ruth! You must be so proud! I'm so glad you had a nice time. Welcome back.

Sandi
I'm a whole new Mii! From 273+lbs to 145lbs. and a whole new life!!!
Lost through diet and exercise ( Praise God and thanks Wii Fit! )
Body by God and Dr. Mazaheri!!!!
1st PS 3/30/10 - LBL/Brachio done by the wonderful Dr. Mazaheri
2nd PS 6/1/10 - BL/Thoracoplasty/Full TL of course with Dr. Mazaheri

Thank you God! I will always be grateful for the change you have made in me! All glory is Yours!

HollyRachel
on 6/10/10 4:11 am

CONGRATULATIONS!!

That's a huge step, even bigger planning more trips!  Good for you!

toniteach
on 6/10/10 11:57 am - Houston, TX
Yay Ruth!  I'm so glad....and you DO look great!  Isn't it AWESOME not to be recognized?  Proud of you for losing weight and getting past your fear of flying.

Hugs,
(deactivated member)
on 6/10/10 1:09 pm
Wow Ruth, I'm so happy for you - that was an amazing challenge for you and you won. I'm also so glad that you can feel and enjoy your accomplishment. Sooooooo - where are you planning to fly to next?

That must have been so much fun dealing with everyone who saw the new and improved Ruth - yes, it's a shame you didn't have a film crew LOL. You have had an amazing journey in shedding your weight.
chellelynn3
on 6/11/10 1:51 am - san bernardino, CA
 WONDERFUL!!!!!!! WAY TO GO!!!!!!!! so glad you had an awesome time and have conquered this fear! you ROCK!!!!!!! 

Michelle Hendrickson Holistic Health Coach http://www.gracioushealth.net

(deactivated member)
on 6/11/10 9:03 am - Rochester, NY
Congratulations Ruth....you did it!!!! 

Between the whole fear of flying and piloting a plane and then being unrecognizable by family and friends...you should have brought a film crew and made your own production out of it all.  You are an inspiration!

The world just became a much smaller place, huh?  Have fun planning your trips to see it all.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 422 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 545 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 742 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 964 views