What have you done today to make you feel proud? Wednesday

(deactivated member)
on 6/2/10 9:33 am
I know that Ruth usually does this but she's busy getting ready to take that airplane flight so I thought I'd pop in and do it.

I'm semi proud - DH is away on business and I'm feeling really lazy. Normally I walk 5 miles in a local mall, but today all I could manage was a 1/2 hour on the treadmill. It's so darn boring even while listening to good music.

DH will be back Friday and we will be walking then - so I just need to get my head together to do better tomorrow on the treadmill.

So what has everyone here been doing - good, bad or ugly - doesn't matter.
(deactivated member)
on 6/2/10 9:51 pm - Rochester, NY
Been going through a bumpy patch myself!  Have had out of state company staying with us now for three weekends in a row!  The first two I handled well within my WW points but I guess 3 in a row got to me and with all the extra cooking and eating out I managed to GAIN last week.  Since Monday is my normal weigh-in for WW (and this week was a holiday so they were closed), I used that as an excuse not to weigh in....I know, bad move.  I am back on track an hope I can weigh in next Monday without showing a gain on their scale....somehow that really demoralizes me.

I was feeling so good aoout my loss and have to get back to that place....I refuse to give up this time.

Skylar...so excited for you reading about your plastics consults coming up....you have done so well and deserve to reward yourself with a new body as well as a new lifestyle!!  Now with your DH gone this week, you ought to be walking the mall by yourself....didn't you say you had all kinds of people who stopped you and had noticed your weight loss success?  Who knows...you might have even more without the DH along!!  
(deactivated member)
on 6/3/10 6:26 am
On June 3, 2010 at 4:51 AM Pacific Time, Sherrie B. wrote:
Been going through a bumpy patch myself!  Have had out of state company staying with us now for three weekends in a row!  The first two I handled well within my WW points but I guess 3 in a row got to me and with all the extra cooking and eating out I managed to GAIN last week.  Since Monday is my normal weigh-in for WW (and this week was a holiday so they were closed), I used that as an excuse not to weigh in....I know, bad move.  I am back on track an hope I can weigh in next Monday without showing a gain on their scale....somehow that really demoralizes me.

I was feeling so good aoout my loss and have to get back to that place....I refuse to give up this time.

Skylar...so excited for you reading about your plastics consults coming up....you have done so well and deserve to reward yourself with a new body as well as a new lifestyle!!  Now with your DH gone this week, you ought to be walking the mall by yourself....didn't you say you had all kinds of people who stopped you and had noticed your weight loss success?  Who knows...you might have even more without the DH along!!  
Ah, I'm sorry for your bumpy patch - but I certainly can understand why. But you know what you have to do and you have a goal for your next weigh in which is good. Hopefully you'll get back to that perfect feeling of doing well and being motivated.

LOL, too be honest I find it creepy that these people have been watching me at the mall. LOL I don't think DH has to worry yet - wait until the plastic surgery - then I'll be dangerous AND he will have to worry. LOL

toniteach
on 6/3/10 2:10 am - Houston, TX
Skylar ~ 1/2 hour on the treadmill is GREAT!  At least you just didn't STOP exercising.   Good going!  You can do this....and you are an inspiration to us all.

Sherri...bumpy patches happen.  Don't beat yourself up!  Dust yourself off and get back at it!  You are on your way to meeting your baby goals, which all add up to BIG accomplishments!!!

This is a tardy proud moment, but on Sunday I was sitting in a chair when I looked down and noticed my legs were crossed!!!  I haven't crossed my legs in 8-9 years.  I'm so happy that I can do it again, and it's an unconscious effort.

Also....I am wearing smaller pants, and bought the next size down which is FIRST in my closet as my "you can do this" next baby-step goal.  I just wish I could lose these last 30 pounds in a blink of an eye so I can go ahead with plastics.  It's a humbling lesson to WAIT and LIVE in the MOMENT, and to try to appreciate where you are, from where (I've) been.

Hugs to all
(deactivated member)
on 6/3/10 6:40 am
Hi Toni - I'm thrilled to be called an inspiration - I want to pay it forward for those who inspired me - people like Moosie (Ruth) and others too numerous to mention.

Wow - you crossed your legs - I still remember the first I was able to do it because it wasn't that long ago. Be careful not to do it too much because there is a nerve in the back of the knee (popliteal) that can be damaged if you cross your legs a lot. It's a problem we don't have when we are obese - but I'll take crossing my legs over being obese. Didn't it feel so good???????

And another WOW for smaller pants - I don't know how you can buy pants a size smaller - I'm having problems finding pants the fit right because of the panni issues.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could get rid of the fat overnight without any pain - but sadly it doesn't work that way.
chellelynn3
on 6/3/10 3:14 am - san bernardino, CA
 I am celebrating a BIG one today! one of my original goals( set over 18 months ago) was met today, I ran on the treadmill for 5 minutes without stopping!!!!!!!!!!!! this is HUGE for me!!!!!!!!! I have never been good at running, in fact in school running was always a source of great humiliation for me, we would get timed for running the "mile" and I ALWAYS came in last, I got made fun of and called mean names, so as a defense I gave up, I quit trying, I would always walk the mile and get the poorest grade in the class because of it. Through the rest of my jr. high and high school years I dreaded  P.E. and resigned to the fact that fat girls, especially ones who are bottom heavy cannot run! and that is what I have believed about myself since then. Well Today I proved myself wrong and it feels freaking fantastic!!!!! I actually got emotional on the treadmill, It was like I shattered the image of the fat girl who cant run and I believed something different about myself today "I CAN" I can run! and I did it today for 5 whole minutes without stopping! in total I was on the treadmill for 43 min. I power walked the rest! I am proud and now I know I can even surpass this goal! this came at a really good time for me, I was feeling really defeated in another area of my life, and after acomplishing this goal today, I told myself I am a lot stronger than I think I am! Congrats to everyone else that is celebrating a victory today!     

Michelle Hendrickson Holistic Health Coach http://www.gracioushealth.net

(deactivated member)
on 6/3/10 6:46 am
Oh Michelle, I have to bow down to your running for 5 minutes  that is amazing. I'm so proud of you - I know you've been frustrated that you weren't meeting your scale goals - but you are breaking records with other goals that are just as important. Fabulous.
chellelynn3
on 6/3/10 7:15 am - san bernardino, CA
 Thanks! I just realized I wrote this on Wed's proud, when it actually happened today, oh well! thanks for the congrats!   

toniteach
on 6/3/10 7:20 am - Houston, TX
Thank you so much, Skylar!  And I will try not to cross my legs too much.  (Right now they are just crossed at the ankles)  I'm still OBESE and won't be OVERWEIGHT for another 7 pounds....I know I can get there by the end of June easily!  I think I can, I think, I can, I think I can!!!

Chelle...I'm VERY proud of you!  Meeting a goal after 18 months is EPIC!    I admire anyone who runs...I've never been a runner (except in school!).  Way to Go!

chellelynn3
on 6/4/10 2:12 am - san bernardino, CA
 Thank you! I appreciate that a lot! and kudos to you on being only 7 lb's away from the "overweight" catagory! I have a lot more than that, not sure how much?? but more than 7 thats for sure!    have a great day! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 422 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 545 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 742 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 964 views