What are you celebrating and proud of? Weekend Edition

(deactivated member)
on 5/22/10 5:02 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
HI!

This will sound weird maybe, but I'm proud that I am not beating myself up for a little extra dessert yesterday.  In no way was it outrageous but it was more than I normally do.  Given I still can't exercise at full capacity I need to be extra vigilant with my food so I don' start gaining. 

What's new with you all...what are you celebrating or proud of??
(deactivated member)
on 5/23/10 2:24 am
Ruth, that's a wonderful proud - not weird at all - it shows you are having a normal relationship with food the way that naturally slim people do. They eat desserts and don't feel guilty but then they just ease up or are careful with food for a few days afterwards to control the damage so it's not out of control - totally different to what those of us here normally do.

I'm feeling so much better after reading the responses to my other post about hitting a speed bump in my weight shedding journey. I'm now proud of where I am. As I wrote you in a private PM, this concert I'm going to is actually a 3 day concert which is being filmed to make 3 different TV shows - and you're in those seats 8 hours basically each day. I'm so thankful I can easily fit into the chairs, I can jump up and down each time they want you to stand up and I can clap and dance and gyrate to the music for 8 hours without being sore or tire. I can squeeze out of the car in a tightly parked position. I feel 20 years younger. These tickets were expensive and part of a fund raiser - and were a special treat to reward myself for getting from supermorbidly obese to overweight but it's even more rewarding to think about all the differences now shedding weight has meant in my life.

If there are people lurking who are just starting out and overwhelmed, I hope they read this and can get motivated because the rewards of shedding weight are enormous and the best ones are little things that you normally don't even think about normally. like the Nike ads say - just do it.
(deactivated member)
on 5/23/10 6:27 am - Rochester, NY
Bravo to both of you!!!

I'm proud that it's been a very busy weekend of entertaining and I have managed to eat only to satisfaction each day.....not fullness!  My granddaughter was confirmed today and my son in from Indiana for the weekend....big family meals Friday, Saturday and a picnic today and I stayed within my points and didn't feel deprived (at least not too much).  I have saved a piece of banana chocolate chip cake for after weigh-in tomorrow, but will count it toward my points for the day....just didn't need all those carbs before getting on the scale tomorrow morning.  Hope my weigh-in reflects the healthy changes I'm making with my food choices!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 422 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 545 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 742 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 964 views