Update for those who asked!

Jupiter6
on 5/18/10 10:29 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
All's well in Jupiterland, I just am too busy living life to discuss it, I guess! If you remember me, you know I had RNY in July 2007-- started with a BMI of about 62, and am now a BMI around 25.

Sig Ot and I are doing well. I'm still up and down between 149-157 pounds, (am 150 today) over and over-- I retain buckets of water when I exercise and I still do Zumba 2x a week and try to walk most days.  I still count every calorie M-F, (I eat 1700 a day) and am looser on weekends but not crazy-go-nuts, and eat like it's going out of style on holidays. No regain to speak of, and I feel good and clothes still fit well over 3 years after I started losing, so all's well inna world, I suppose!

Still love cooking-- the guy who was helping me with my website crapped out but I'll get on it when I can-- I have recipes galore (I just made a chicken alfredo casserole that's mindblowing.) My meals tend to be about 200 cals for breakfast, 300 for lunch, 500 or more for dinner, with plenty of snacks-- I eat an apple every fweakin' day because I love apples, and end most nights with a whole cup of greek yogurt and tbsp of Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter, which is about the world's most perfect food. I have ice cream in one form or another about 4 times a week in the summer, and it works for me. So the post RNY lifestyle doesn't have to be a death March: it's about management, not deprivation. Eat smarter, not less.

My most recent pic is quasi-racy because I wanted people to have a sense of what's achievable with work, a plastic surgeon and a little moxie so I done dismembered m'self to show it-- I have 2 more rounds of plastics to endure (my ass is heinous and will be done this summer, and thighs when I win the lotto. I'm about $30k in the hole at this point, and man amd I ever poor.)

You lose 220 pounds, you're gonna have skin-- that's just the name of that game. I've had my face, chest (no implants, now a 34D from a 48H), gut and arms reconstructed already. Well, and my hair, which came back inexplicably curly after my last 13 hour surgery!

Thanks for asking after me, to those who have-- I still exist and am doing really well, flu notwithstanding!

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

toniteach
on 5/19/10 1:25 am - Houston, TX
Wow Juniper!  Thanks for sharing your journey.  You've come a long way, Baby!  I had never heard of Dark Chocolate Dreams, and found it's sold in several groceries stores around me.  When I'm done with my VLCD, I'm going to try it with the Greek Yogurt.  Do you just mix them together and eat it like that?  Or freeze it???  Spill!

Love your secrets...feel free to share more dieting tips.  What do your weekday meals consist of, and when do you eat your snacks.  I think I'm going to have to eat 1500-1700 calories when I transition to solids. 

Thanks
!
mwy
on 5/19/10 2:00 pm
Hey Girlee, long time no see!  What I can see is looking pretty hawt...you are rocking that outfit.

Mary
MelindaR
on 5/20/10 5:50 am - Lansing, MI
I'm so glad you posted.  I check out the non-op forum every now and again to see if any of the old timers have checked in.

Can't wait until you get your website up and going.  I could do with some good recipes.  I'm currently sifting through Egg Face's, but would love another one.

I'm glad you and sig ot are doing well.

Melinda

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 422 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 545 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 742 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 964 views