Medifast

janeene G.
on 5/10/10 6:47 am - MD
Has anyone tried it if so what was your experience like...thanks in advance for you comments.....
toniteach
on 5/10/10 9:37 am - Houston, TX
Hi Janeene~

I have not tried Medifast, but I am on a similar program:  it's a Very Low Calorie Diet.  It's probably not for everyone, but it is working for me, and I  it! 

I do have a friend who did Medifast, and she lost a good deal of weight.  She didn't keep it off, though, so I recommend going through a Medifast clinic or seeing a dietcian. 

Learning to eat correctly AND exercising are key!  (but you already know that!)

Best wishes on your journey!
(deactivated member)
on 5/10/10 11:26 am
Hi Janeene, I did a medically supervised Medifast many years ago - when I did it, it was 5 shakes for the day, no other food. DH and I started with a group of other people and by the end of the week all the other people had dropped out of the program. It is extremely hard to stick to the diet, especially at the very begining - the minute you eat some solid food you just don't want to drink only shakes. OTOH once you get into the routine it does get a little easier. We also exercised. I lost 100 pounds in 6 months - wish I had kept it off. After 2 years I started to gain a lot of weight - until I gained 200 pounds. The main thing was I didn't plan maintance properly - this time the way I'm eating to shed my weight is the same way I will eat for the rest of my life. My diet is part of a major permanent lifestyle change.

Both DH and I have tried to go back on Medifast over the years but we couldn't last more than a day or two. It is very hard on your body, so make sure you have medical supervision.
mrsq
on 5/12/10 4:44 pm
I did it a few years ago for about four months. It works but honestly is best if you don't have to cook for others. My biggest problem with it was the cost, it is like any diet if you go back to the old way of eating the weight will come back fast. As far as the actual product, the oatmeal was gross, soups...chicken was OK the others were honestly real bad. Many people try recipes with the products and I think that hurts you. The shakes were OK more filling than say slim fast shakes. I was never hungry on this diet.
toniteach
on 5/15/10 12:35 am - Houston, TX
Hi Janeene!

What did you decide?  Did you start on Medifast?  Inquiring minds want to know!!!

janeene G.
on 5/17/10 4:53 am - MD
I have been on Medifast for 1 week 5 lbs lost so far I am going to try to stick to eat for 3 months and see what happens...thansk for asking....
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 422 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 545 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 742 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 964 views