Nausea after working out?

JennahBLYDNCR
on 5/4/10 2:23 am, edited 5/4/10 2:24 am
I am pretty new to my new lifestyle...eating right and working out daily.  Lost 5 pounds over the past 2 weeks so I guess Im on the right track.
Anyway, I find that after working out (my usual is 2 miles a day...1 mile in the AM and 1 mile in the PM on a treadmill), I begin to feel a bit nauseous shortly after finishing up.

Anyone have this and if so, why is it and what can I do to prevent it?

Thanks!

~ Tami

A B
on 5/4/10 2:42 am - NM
i did have this and my trainer said i wasn't hydrated enough. . . . i never am!!   
congrats on the weight loss!!!!
mwy
on 5/4/10 3:56 am
Yep, five pounds in two weeks is definitely on the right track! Congrats.

Do you ever watch the Biggest Loser?  Jillian loves it when she can make somebody throw up.  She's my favorite ***** EVER!!!

Here's a link to answer your question.

http://www.nauseahelp.com/?p=53

(deactivated member)
on 5/4/10 6:56 am
Mary, OMG - no wonder you love to watch The Biggest Losers LOL

Tami do you have a water bottle with you? I drink water as I exercise, whenever I feel thirsty I drink.

I read Michael's info about drinking water to avoid nausea:
 "To keep from becoming dehydrated, you should try to drink a minimum of two cups of water roughly two hours before you start your exercise routine. 20 minutes before you begin your routine, you should drink 2 more cups of water. While you are exercising, you should also keep a water bottle nearby. During exercise, you should drink around half a cup of water for every ten to fifteen minutes of your exercise routine. If you follow these guidelines, you should be able to avoid becoming dehydrated, and to avoid the nausea that comes with dehydration."
OMG - I would be running to the toilet the whole time I should be on the treadmill!

I have felt nausea actually when I've drank too much water and I could feel it slooshing around in my stomach - I think you have to find the happy medium of just enough water.

I have noticed it when I've really pushed myself extremely hard - I don't have that problem very often.
A B
on 5/4/10 11:07 pm - NM
oh my gosh!!  i don't think i drink that much water in a day!!  that guy might be a little insane. . . . just a thought!! 
mwy
on 5/5/10 2:39 am
OK, you two, now ya made me have to come up in here and FUSS!  Why are you whining like GirlieMen about drinking such a small amount of water when you should be drinking this and more all through the day, but especially if you are working out?  AB, there is a reason your trainer said you were dehydrated...ya ain't drinkin ya water, Toots!!!  LMAO

But seriously, the body needs to repleni****'s water stores and if it thinks it's not getting enough then it will hold on to tha****er and then you'll be gaining water weight.  To get rid of bloat, you have to drink water.

Now drink up you two and don't make me have to come back in here!!!  ;-)

Mary
A B
on 5/5/10 3:14 am - NM
truly, i do know i need to drink more water, but in all honesty i don't drink much of anything, i think throughout the whole day i drink maybe 16oz of water, 8oz skim milk, a cup of coffee and maybe half a glass of crystal lite.  it's something i've always had a problem with and i've been really trying lately to get more liquid in, but it's still really really hard for me!!
mwy
on 5/5/10 3:40 am
it's something i've always had a problem with and i've been really trying lately to get more liquid in, but it's still really really hard for me!!

Me, too!  I've been at this weight loss bidness for ten years and I STILL have a hard time drinking all of tha****er.  When I first got started, I thought I was going to have to stay home forever cuz I was peeing everywhere in town.  Good news, once your body adjusts, it's not that bad.  It's definitely a project for people like us to get into the routine, bu****er is so vital to us that it's definitely worth the effort. 

This is what Colette had to say about drinking water, she's a nutritionist.

Drinking water and losing weight go hand in hand for reasons that vary from flushing toxins out of the body to replenishing lost electrolytes and fluids after physical activity. 
It seems simple enough, but for many of us, the so-called 8 x 8 rule—drinking eight 8-ounce glasses a day means drinking a lot more water than we are accustomed to. Add to that the head-spinning decision of which type to drink—spring? filtered? mineral? flavored? seltzer?—and the mere thought of water can make you parched. 
A Healthy Habit 
Drinking water, isn’t just important for weight loss; it’s vital to anyone seeking to slow the aging process and lead a healthier lifestyle. The trouble is, we read and hear it so often that we barely pay attention. So now hear this: Drinking an adequate amount of water is probably one of the most important changes you’ll ever make to your dietary habits. If you’re still not convinced, take a gander at the dozens of testimonials on this site from folks who say that switching from sugary drinks to lots and lots of plain old water was one of the keys to their triumph over excess pounds and other health problems. 
Next to oxygen, water is the most important nutrient that passes through our digestive system. 
For starters, inadequate hydration is one way our bodies age faster. It causes cells to produce free radicals, which then destroy other cells. Circulation suffers as well, meaning less blood flow to the kidneys. When the kidneys cannot function properly, wastes and toxins accumulate in the body. One way to fight constipation is through increased water consumption. . 
Drinking water helps you lose weight by detoxifying the body of impurities that have been stored in our fat cells. Some people confuse thirst with hunger, but if they are well-hydrated, this risk is diminished. 
In other words, you might think you need to eat something when your body is actually craving water. By making sure you get enough water, you won’t find yourself in the mood to snack so often. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 422 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 545 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 742 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 964 views