sitting on the fence

Jody08
on 5/5/10 6:16 am - essex, Canada
 hi Sherrie, oh that is not even the half of the drama and stress of the last year..My step daughter who I adore went back to Belgium and tackled some big big stuff..we just found out that her step dad had raped her when she was 10 yrs old and he has been beating her Mom and sisters..she went back to Belgium and walked into a police station alone and laid charges against him..she is so strong and I am so proud of her but she had to give up her final year of high school to do this..she will be coming back this summer permanently and then we are going to try to get her mom and sisters to move to canada
soooo much, I could go on and on but the gist of it is, my ex never stopped dating for our 7 yrs of marriage and he has some mental illness, but refuses to get diagnosed...so ongoing chaos each and every time he visits the kids, whichi luckily is not too often

so ya stress and drama is pretty high..I am very strong and have realized that and thru all the therapy etc..I know that I am worth it, just having a reallly really hard time with the exercise..I know it will get easier as the kids get older.so tonight me and the kids are going to try P90x dvd together*LOL*

u guys are really supportive!!! much appreciated
started this process back in 2007/2008 denied MGB, denied for Barix, put on hold (BMI was too high for pilot phase)at St.joe's and since moved to Windsor and had to start again, December, 2009 referral sent from GP...April 5 and 8, 2010 1st appt at Windsor clinic with nurse and doc
April 16, 2010 sleep clinic, April 27 echo
May 3,2010 Orientation at Met hospital--,
SURGERY booked Oct.20.2010

(deactivated member)
on 5/8/10 1:57 am - Albany, NY
Hi Jody and everyone,
I just wanted to thank you so much for posting about this. I am new to this site as of this week and this board has helped me think about things so much more clearly than anything I have read so far. I really don't know which way I will go but I do know I will put a ton of thought into my decision. I didn't get into this position overnight and I wont get out of it overnight. I will have long talks with my psy doc and my PCP both of whom I trust very much. You are all so brave and open and share so much , thank you for that !!!
Jody08
on 5/8/10 10:12 am - essex, Canada
 this site has helped me so much..
this is huge decision, I thought I had decided but there was this little nagging voice in my head that was making question things, was thinking it was all the anxiety of the potential surgery etc.. but someone posted on this board that there is NOTHING wrong with our digestive system the problem is in our heads..so even if u cut the stomach u have not solved the problem.

see, my personality now takes over when I read something like that..I am a practical person who hates things in excess and do what things wasted..so why would i try to fix something(stomach) that is not broken
yes I understand that this many years as MO has broken my system a little, for example, the hormone signals from my gut to my brain to signal hunger and full etc. but this all fixable..
but it is in my head, and something has finally changed in the way I am thinking
for example, we had Mother's day dinner tonight at a restaurant and I love their calamari but it is fried, I ordered it and that was my dinner, it is an appetizer but since it was fried I knew I would be full etc.. well I was more than full, I have not had anything fried in more than a month, my belly is not too happy..it was good but i ate nothing else and only had water but something is so different in my head, b4 i would have ordered more food, a pop and dessert(my fav at this place is tiramisu) but I did not want any of it..so finally something is working right in my head and hopefully my gut will follow
here in canada it is a very long process, about 8 months to one year with tons and tons of testing, so I losing the weight as I go thru this process and hope in the next two months that my decision becomes for clearly set..

wishing u all the best and mayeb start journalling, it can help when facing a life changing decision

or just keep coming here as u see I talk alot*lol* 
started this process back in 2007/2008 denied MGB, denied for Barix, put on hold (BMI was too high for pilot phase)at St.joe's and since moved to Windsor and had to start again, December, 2009 referral sent from GP...April 5 and 8, 2010 1st appt at Windsor clinic with nurse and doc
April 16, 2010 sleep clinic, April 27 echo
May 3,2010 Orientation at Met hospital--,
SURGERY booked Oct.20.2010

(deactivated member)
on 5/8/10 10:20 am - Albany, NY
Thanks again Jody and Happy Mothers Day !!!
mommyoffour
on 5/8/10 11:00 am
Good luck whatever you decide. I too am wishy-washy on the surgery.  I know I could lose on my own but haven't had wonderful luck yet.  Stress is horrible to me. And I know the surgery is a tool.  I keep weighing having support .  And then I think I can lose it on my own and use the money for the tummy tuck or breast lift and tucks of skin here and there.  Then I think if I don't have the surgery, what if I am not here in a year. What would happen to my  family.  So scary.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 422 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 545 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 742 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 964 views