Good news and Bad news.....

(deactivated member)
on 5/2/10 11:20 pm - Rochester, NY
Well, the good news is I had my week #1 weigh in at WW this morning and lost 10.8lb!! 
The bad news is I woke up at 12:30AM last night and was in atrial fibrillation (heart arrythmia).  I have had periodic episodes of this in the past but none in almost 3 years.  Have an appointment with my cardiologist at 11:00.  I usually convert back to normal sinus rhythm within 24 hours on my own and hope that's the case this time.

A rapid weight loss (fluid volume) with the first week of WW triggered this once before, so figure that plus the stress of having my mother and brother both in the hospital this weekend might be the cause.  Good news, my brother came home yesterday and my mother comes home today.  Now just hope I don't end up in there!  We'll need a family discount rate!!
gloop
on 5/2/10 11:40 pm
Congratulations on the weight loss, that's fantastic  

My best wishes to your mom and brother for a full and speedy recovery and I'm hoping yall won't need that family discount.  Take care.

I'm in the process of changing my diet, relationship with food and my lifestyle.  I'm in training for maintaining.
(deactivated member)
on 5/3/10 12:10 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Congrats on that incredible weight loss. 
But PLEASE take it easy.take it slow.  Losing weight at a slow rate is much healthier in the long run. 

Glad your brother is home and hope your mom gets home today.  Please, Please, Please take good care of yourself!!!
A B
on 5/3/10 12:51 am - NM
well first off, congrats on the incredible weight loss!!  next, i am really hoping everyone is doing better, let us know what your dr says!!  i hope you and your family all make a speedy recovery!!
(deactivated member)
on 5/3/10 4:46 am - Rochester, NY
Well, back from the doctor and all is well.  I converted back into normal rhythm on the way to the doctor's and hopefully it will be another 3 years before I have to experience that again.  He is going to do an ECHO cardiogram in a few weeks just to make sure everything is okay, but feels like I do, that this was totally related to the fluid volume loss this week and the stress this weekend.

I did eat all my points this week and ate healthy....whole grain, lean protein, fruits and veggies.  I even allowed myself a Skinny Cow each night as a treat (2 pts.).  I am very fluid retentive and think I was just all carbed up from two weeks of vacation and eating out every night and just had one gigantic WHOOSH!  Next week will be much more indicative of a true weight loss and on a much smaller scale.

Anyway....went out to lunch afterwards and had a nice salad with grilled chicken and LF balsamic vinegarette dressing!!  Gonna take it easy the rest of the day.  Thanks for all the well wishes!
mwy
on 5/3/10 6:52 am
Oh Sherrie, you scared me there for a minute, I'm so happy to hear you are doing so much better.  And you're Mama and brother, too!

Boy, you weren't kidding, that was one helluva visit you had from the Whoosh Fairy!  Doesn't it feel so much better to be refined carb detoxed and alla tha****er gone from your system.  You're supposed to be swimming in it, not it swimming in you!  Hehehe.
(deactivated member)
on 5/3/10 10:41 am
OMG - well first what a fabulous start at WW and you're sticking to the program which is great.

And then YIKES - you poor thing, all that stress and then your heart. You've had a rough few days.

I'm so glad that both your Mom and brother are getting getting out of the hospital. and you posted later that your heart converted back to normal sinus rhythm - that's a scary feeling in your chest. Take good care of yourself.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 422 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 545 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 742 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 964 views