Amino Acid

Kimberly129
on 4/30/10 1:03 pm - Austin, TX
RNY on 12/02/10 with
I joined a gym today with my mother and the lady was talking to us and encouraged us to do an Amino Acid Diet, has anyone done this b4?  It seems like its really good for your body but I dont knwo for sure, b4 I commit to trying it im going to talk it over with my primary care doctor and see what his thoughts are about it?  He wants to give me Phentermine pills to help lose weight, I dont know if thats a good idea either being that they are very addictive.  I am starting my thyroid medication tomorrow and i keep having peopel tell me that the weight will start coming right off i guess something is wrong with my thyroid.  But back to the main reason for this post lol, Amino Acid Diet, have you heard of it or tried it what do you think?

Here the website incase not and you wanna check it out and give me your opinon lol.  any advice or opinons are greatly apprecaited
www.ultrafitaminodiet.com
HW389 SW367 CW273 GW180 
1lb lost is 1 step closer to your g
oal !!

gloop
on 4/30/10 9:49 pm
Never heard of this.  Yes, amino acids are essential for good health and all fruits and vegetables, grains and beans have amino acids, you don't need to get them out of a bottle.  Getting your amino acids from natural food will mean you are getting all the other nutrients your body needs as well.  I've tried weight loss pills and all other types of concoctions in the past and would not recommend them to anyone.  Good luck with this if you decide to do it.

I'm in the process of changing my diet, relationship with food and my lifestyle.  I'm in training for maintaining.
(deactivated member)
on 5/1/10 4:15 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
I've never heard of an "amino acid diet" but I know amino acids are essential to good health.  I eat plenty of protein and take vitamins so I'm sure I'm getting plenty.

I personally am not a big fan of fade diets or gimmicks.  I've tried so many over the past 20 or 25 years.  They worked temporarily and then I always re-gained the weight.  The only thing that has worked for me is sensible eating....not cutting out any food groups, eating healthy, everything in moderation and of course exercise

I know it can be done because I did it......It never felt like a "diet" because I could (and did) eat anything and everything....I eat 6 or 7 meals a day....rarely felt hungry when I was losing weight.

Let me know if you have questions...
Best wishes on your journey!!
gloop
on 5/1/10 4:44 am
I agree with Moosie...the only thing those fad diets caused permanent weight loss in was my bank account   could have probably had an early retirement on all the money I've spent on weight loss gimmicks.  Crazy thing is I kept trying them even though I knew somewhere in the back of my mind they wouldn't work and I was wasting my money, guess I was just deperate.  I'm just grateful all those pills and potions didn't cause me permanent health damage.

I'm in the process of changing my diet, relationship with food and my lifestyle.  I'm in training for maintaining.
(deactivated member)
on 5/1/10 11:09 am
I love all the responses you got - so true. It's great that you joined a gym because exercise is important - however I wouldn't buy any diet junk from them - save your money for new clothes as you lose weight.

It is so important to make a huge shift in your thinking - the diet you need to be on now must be healthy and help you lose weight - but also one that you will continue to follow to keep the weight off and and maintain being a success. You need a diet like WW or McDougall or another one that focuses on whole foods. The bottom line - we all need to avoid those simple carbohydrate junk foods. They got us fat, keep us sick and are addictive and they are everywhere from the drug store, to the gas station to the vending machines to ads everywhere - we are surrounded by them.  Diet BTW just means what we eat and a healthy diet is part of a healthy lifestyle.

Did your PCP suggest a diet for you?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 422 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 545 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 742 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 964 views