What are you celebrating and proud of? Weekend Edition

(deactivated member)
on 4/30/10 11:20 pm - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Good Morning fellow losers...........  (you know I say that with lots of affection!)

So today I'm celebrating and proud that I am very actively facing one of the biggest fears in my live.  It's hindered me, tortured me and held me back for the past 12 or more years.  I'm taking steps to face it head on  I'll fill you in on more details in a couple of days but I am so proud that I am not just sitting here accepting this limitation without a fight.  I am giving it my all trying to overcome it.  I realize I may not be successful but I am optimistic.

Facing our fears is part of conquering the battle of the bulge too.  Most often our food issues really have nothing to do with food, it's something much deeper that we use food to cover up. 

So what are you celebrating and proud of today??
choose2inspire
on 5/1/10 2:55 am
Wow - I'm amazed that you're doing something that is so scary!  Of course I don't know what it is yet, but if it's something that has been so strongly affecting you it's very impressive that you're taking steps to conquor it.  Good for you!
(deactivated member)
on 5/1/10 11:18 am
OOOOh, I can't wait to hear what you are working on.

We drove over to one of our local farms (well local but not that close) to buy some local produce - they opened up today for the season. Not much yet but we did get the best asparagas, some lettuce and radishes. I can't wait till later in this month when raspberries and strawberries will become available. Nothing like local produce.

They had some kind of fundraiser in the mall that we walk in - tons of people. I like when the mall is lively but today it was a little hard to walk too briskly because we kept having to weave in and out of the slow moving crowd. Still got our 5 miles in, but not as fast as usual.

Hope everyone else is doing well.
chellelynn3
on 5/2/10 2:37 am - san bernardino, CA
 Good Job on facing your fear Ruth! I am celebrating that I got to go on a much needed date with my husband last night, we had a good dinner, saw a funny movie, had some good conversation and I even got to go shopping by myself before our date and get a new pair of Jeans and  and sweater! it was a good day yesterday, I am learning to let go of my grip on putting so much pressure on myself, with weight loss and all other area's of my life, I have decided to stay off the scale for a while, (again) but this time I think its going to be a while, until I get to a place where I am not "worried" about what it will say, im just going to keep doing my thing and let it happen naturally rather than push myself even harder, that has not worked for me, i have come a long way and I think I need to let my mind catch up to and celebrate how far I have come, I have just thought "it's good, but im not done yet so no need to stop and celebrate" Im learning now, that I am rushing the process and not allowing myself to just live in the moment. So I have decided to relax and take the rest of this journey as it comes, and be ok with the fact that it may take some time to lose these last 60 lb's. But I am learning to be a whole new person, or rather the True me and let all the garbage fall by the wayside.  

Michelle Hendrickson Holistic Health Coach http://www.gracioushealth.net

(deactivated member)
on 5/2/10 3:41 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi!
Even though you are going to stay off the scale I hope you'll still come here and share with us.

It could be that you are losing more inches than lbs...do you take your measurements at least once a month.  I used to do it the first Saturday of each month.  I actually should do it now since I have not done it in a while.....

Stress hinders weight loss for sure so you are probably doing the right thing to reduce the stress you feel.

Hope you'll stick around here.
TTFN
Ruth
chellelynn3
on 5/2/10 7:58 am - san bernardino, CA
 yes Ruth I do take measurements I have not taken them for about a month now but last I checked I had lost 100.25"  total off my entire body, that is from my neck down to my calves, I have a chart that tells where to measure, so yes I have lost more inches that pounds. Im ready to stop stressing! but I will still come around and post, I love you all too much to leave! 

Michelle Hendrickson Holistic Health Coach http://www.gracioushealth.net

(deactivated member)
on 5/2/10 8:07 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Chellelynn,
That is a very impressive number of inches shed.  WOW! 

I chart all my stuff too...I'm kind of nut about that sort of stuff...I build charts and graphs...LOL!

Glad you'll be sticking around.....I'd miss you if you left.
(deactivated member)
on 5/2/10 6:53 am - Rochester, NY
Very stressful weekend here....my mother went into the hospital on Friday and last night my brother was admitted!  Both are doing fine, but still a stressful time.  In the past, I would have definitely used this as an excuse to go off plan and stuff some feelings to handle the stress.

I have managed to stick to my points and planned foods all three days and even went into the gift shop to buy my mother a chocolate bar (she's addicted, but at 85 figure you ought to be able to eat what you want) and came out with only that one.  I even refused when she asked me if I wanted a piece.  I knew that one taste would lead me down a path of no return (right now anyway).  I'm not far enough along on this journey to be making those kind of choices.

Excited about my week #1 weigh in at WW tomorrow....love that first week whoosh of all tha****er weight!
(deactivated member)
on 5/2/10 7:07 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Sherrie,
So sorry to hear about your mom and brother.  I hope both will be home and doing well very soon!

CONGRATS on having the inner strength and determination to stay focused and stick with your healthy choices!!!!  It is hard on any day but 100x more when faced with such stresses.

Please let me know how you do at your WW WI tomorrow.  I go to meetings on Friday morning but might be switching to Tuesday mornings...not sure yet.  Anyhow, I'm lifetime but plan on going every week....at least until I go on vacation.

Keep us posted on your mom and brother and also on how you are doing.
Be well
Best wishes to you all.
Ruth
Molly S.
on 5/2/10 7:22 am - Chicago, IL
I hope all is well with you and good for you being mindful of the need to face your fears!  Keep up the good work!!

Molly
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 422 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 545 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 742 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 964 views