What are you celebrating and proud of? Friday

(deactivated member)
on 4/30/10 1:51 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
TGIF!!!!

I'm quietly celebrating that I finally achieved LifeTime membership at WW.  The first time I joined was around 1972 or 1973 when my parents forced me to do so.  Since then I must have joined at least 15- 20 times. All though I did not to meetings during the time I lost most of my weight I did follow the principles (I tracked every day, measured, exercised, etc).   I officially  re-joined last year when I wanted to lose an extra 10 lbs or so and mainly wanted to learn how to do maintenance successfully (since I've never done that for very long in the past).
Anyhow, it's one of those things that I just wanted to accomplish......I can cross off my bucket list now.  :-)

Now I'm going to call my parents and tell them I finally made it to WW LifeTime.  

How about you, what are you celebrating and proud of?
(deactivated member)
on 4/30/10 3:43 am - Rochester, NY
Congratulations!  Now there's a goal accomplished!  I first joined WW in 1968, a new bride at age 22 and weighing 208....got down to 176, but never made my goal weight.  Since that time, I like you, have joined at least 20 other times, always losing 20-30lb and then for some reason or other giving up and throwing in the towel.  This time I plan on making it all the way to goal weight...although that will be determined by my MD and not their charts.   Lifetime Membership would be a wonderful thing!  (208 sounds pretty wonderful at this point too!...lol)
(deactivated member)
on 4/30/10 5:42 am
Wow Ruth - that LifeTime Membership has benefits too right? Like you don't have to pay or something when you attend? LOL I'm sure your parents will enjoy hearing that.

Sherrie, I too look at what my weight was when I was a teenager and thought I was fat - OMG I could only hope to get close to that. I think that all of us probably feel that way.

I must be the only person on the planet who has never joined WW - never attended a meeting. However in their early days, long before the point system, I had read some of their books and cookbooks. I even read a biography of the founder of WW. LOL didn't do me much good as I became morbidly obese.

My proud today will be my 5 mile walk and I have to give all the credit to my DH for those 5 miles. He gets me up and going and keeps me moving during those 5 miles. He needs the walking too and somehow when you put the two of us together, we get it done, but alone, neither of us will do anything except act like a potato on the couch. It works well, when I'm not in the mood he pushes me and when he's not in the mood I push him. And this mall walking routine started with rehabilitation to help get me mobile again when I couldn't stand up from sitting on the couch  without help and I was desparate not to be put in a wheelchair. I would never have guessed that we would still be walking and enjoying it for this long. The other thing was I picked a goal of walking 5 miles just out of my head -  it sounded good - at the time I could barely walk 1/7 of a mile without have to sit and rest before another 1/7. It took many weeks just to get up to walking a 1/2 mile with multiple rests in between, And it took, it seams almost a year before I could walk 1 mile without any rests. It just goes to show you what you can do if you are terribly persistent.

I say this to encourage others that no matter how hard it is to begin exercising, and no matter how long it takes you to reach a level that you are satisfied - it's worth it to keep working on it.
(deactivated member)
on 4/30/10 6:18 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Thanks!
Yes, as long as I am within 2 lbs of my goal I can go for free (have to weigh in once a month but I can go weekly and I plan on weighing weekly anyway...).

Kudos on your 5 miles.
gloop
on 4/30/10 10:12 pm
  GO TEAM!! YEAH!!  I've never met such a great bunch of losers.

I'm in the process of changing my diet, relationship with food and my lifestyle.  I'm in training for maintaining.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 422 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 545 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 742 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 964 views