What are you celebrating and proud of? Thurs

(deactivated member)
on 4/28/10 10:23 pm - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Good Morning!

I got up early even though I know I'm not going out for a walk.  I'm proud this morning that I have accepted the fact that I cannot exercise yet and I must rest more.  At 3 weeks post-op (Inner thighplasy and brachioplasty) I was feeling so good so I started doing my daily cardio walks and light weight lifting.  After spending the past year and a half having plastic surgery and recovering I just wanted to get my life going.  But I kept swelling and I'm talking about swelling so bad in my calfs and ankles that it hurts to stand and forget about putting on shoes, even shoes that are normally too big were tight. 
I went on a 3.5 hour shopping spree last Friday (great fun), I did my cardio walk on Sunday....by Sunday night I had tree trunk legs and fat feet and my right hand was swollen......it got worse on Monday and Tuesday. 
Sooooooooo by Tuesday afternoon I was thinking I have to stop doing so much.  I thought to myself what am I doing differently during this post-op than I've done after my Tummy Tuck and LBL when I had little to no swelling issues and just felt great during recovery?  After both of those surgeries I made sure I spent the better part of the day laying down with my legs elevated or at least laying down flat.I didn't even try to do a cardio wal****il about week 6 or 8,  But for some reason this time I've been up out of bed doing lots of stuff around the house and I jumped back into walking at week 3.  Why oh why would I think I should rush walking after the one surgery that cut my legs from stem to stern.!?!?!?!?!?!????   OK - so I rambled on way to long.....sorry.....thanks for putting up with it.

So back to my main point...... I'm proud I finally accepted that I must take it much easier and allow my body the time it needs to heal after major surgery. I can start walking in a few more weeks.  It's all good.....

I am also celebrating the size 4 pants I bought yesterday.   What fun.  This tastes better and feels better than any food I could eat.  WAHOOO

How about you?  What are you celebrating and proud of today??
gloop
on 4/29/10 12:36 am
 size 4 pants    ....  I'm celebrating feeling better and getting stronger everyday and also seem to be coming out of my depression.

I'm in the process of changing my diet, relationship with food and my lifestyle.  I'm in training for maintaining.
(deactivated member)
on 4/29/10 5:42 am - Rochester, NY
Today is a beautiful sunny day....mid 60's with a delightful breeze.  I've been washing windows and curtains and enjoying the fresh air circulating throughout the house.  My SO is out doing yardwork and it's just one of those days you have to be delighted to be alive!!

It's always amazing to me how differently I feel when making positive choices in my life.  Today is only day #4 of being on WW, but my energy level is already up and I just feel so much better.  I know the scale probably doesn't show that much difference from Monday, but my whole attitude has changed and I'm so much more at peace with my world....it's like the difference between a good and bad hair day!  LOL  Just proves that when I'm making healthy and positive choices, it influences every aspect of my life.  So why do I have such a hard time maintaining those healthy choices?
(deactivated member)
on 4/29/10 12:53 pm
Ruth, I'm so sorry you're dealing with all that post-op swelling - just from your description it sounds painful. I hope it goes away quickly so you can get on with your life. Frustrating. But size 4 pants - wow that's incredible.

Gloop, I'm so glad your feeling better and feel your depression lifting. depression is - well it's depressing and makes it hard to do everything, especially making healthy choices.

Sherrie - keep up the good work.

I did my 5 mile walk today. LOL - I'm a regular mall rat - or more accurately a mallwalker.

(deactivated member)
on 4/30/10 2:30 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi!
Yes the swelling is very annoying but it is a fact of plastic surgery so I have to just be patient.  I am enjoying going shopping for new clothes.

I'm so impressed with your daily 5 mile walk....truly awesome!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 422 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 545 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 742 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 964 views