I'M BACK....to OH board and WW!

(deactivated member)
on 4/27/10 8:47 am - Rochester, NY
I read your post and certainly wish you the best in your journey....surgery and weight loss.  PCOS is a difficult diagnosis and Mary is our resident expert on that....see she gave some good advice.  I don't think it matters what plan you use in your weight loss journey, as long as it's something that can be an ongoing lifestyle choice for you.

This board is very supportive....very glad to see it active again (went through a period of very little activity).  We all need the accountability and encouragement that we can give one another is this journey.  Thanks for your support.
gloop
on 4/27/10 12:45 pm
  great to see all these posts.  We all really do need all the support we can get and it's great to be able to come here to share and vent.  Coming to this message board really helps to keep me focused. 

I'm in the process of changing my diet, relationship with food and my lifestyle.  I'm in training for maintaining.
(deactivated member)
on 4/28/10 3:31 am - Rochester, NY
I see you joined this board in the beginning of February.  Have you lost your 28lb since then?  Great job....keep up the good work!!
gloop
on 4/28/10 4:00 am
On April 28, 2010 at 10:31 AM Pacific Time, Sherrie B. wrote:
I see you joined this board in the beginning of February.  Have you lost your 28lb since then?  Great job....keep up the good work!!
I lost 20 on opti fast and the other 8 I lost on my own.  I was supposed to have RNY on March 31 but it got postponed.  I had already been on 3 weeks optifast in preparation for surgery and that's when I lost the 20 lbs.  When my surgery got postponed I started hanging around on this message board and was able to keep off the 20 and lose an additional 8 so I'm gonna stick around here for a bit and see what happens.  If all else fails surgery will still be an option but it's worth a try if I can avoid having my innards rearranged.  Like Skylar says, there's nothing wrong with my digestive system so I figure I better address the real problem of my health and lifestyle and get my mind fixed which I would have to do with or without surgery anyway if I'm going to have long term success.  I think there's no point in me risking all the complications of surgery only to be back where I started 2 or 3 years down the road if I don't get my head right.

I'm in the process of changing my diet, relationship with food and my lifestyle.  I'm in training for maintaining.
(deactivated member)
on 4/28/10 5:17 am - Rochester, NY
I went through all the preparation for WLS too...had everything except the surgery date.  Then I chickened out...elective surgery isn't my thing and also figured I was going to have to change my eating habits with or without surgery so why go through all that risk?  Of course that was almost two years ago and I haven't lost the weight on my own, but not giving up just yet.  I've fought this battle my entire life and will continue to do so.

Great work keeping that weight off after your surgery was postponed and even taking off more....sounds like you've got the motivation and determination to make it happen!!
Christa :]
on 4/28/10 12:44 am - MI
VSG on 03/13/12
Bow Chicka Wah Wah baby! Welcome back Sherrie. I am so happy to see you here again! You can do it. I know you can! :]

(deactivated member)
on 4/28/10 3:41 am - Rochester, NY
Hi Christa....your little guy is getting so big!!!  He sounds like such a good baby (on FB).  Must have been hard to leave him and go back to work.  Good luck on this weight loss thing once again....babies sure can get you side tracked for a little while...LOL.  I'm sure you'll be one hot Mama for that wedding come October!!
(deactivated member)
on 4/28/10 8:27 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
You remind me of me.
I wanted to lose 100 lbs in 100 days...........not healthy.........not possible......

Although I did not go to meeting during the entire time I was losing weight I did follow the principles.....I tracked my food every day, I weighed and measured, I exercised, I counted calories/points, and I used my calories/points on healthy food choices.

I've lost more than 100 lbs twice before but this time it was TOTALLY DIFFERENT for me.  My head was in the right place to make it work and it is still there so I'm confident I'll never go back.  Besides after all this plastic surgery I'd be nuts to let myself go.

Are you going to go the WW meetings?  I started to go again last Oct because I wanted to learn about maintenance...since I'd never been successful at maintaining my previous losses I figured I'd better learn how to do it better.  I decided last Sept/Oct I wanted to lose another 10 lbs or so so I re-joined WW for about the 20th time....LOL   I also wanted to get to LifeTime membership since it was something that eluded me for so long.

Anyhow, I know you can do it.
Keep posting....let us know how you are doing.
Ruth

(deactivated member)
on 4/28/10 12:54 pm - Rochester, NY
Ruth....how long has it taken you to lose the weight?  I really have no timetable in mind....just want to keep making healthy choices and get there slow but sure.  I am attending meetings...I get a lot out of them.  I have done WW many many times over the last 40+ years, but never reached goal.  I would love to get to a lifetime membership too.  We have one in our group who lost 150lb and has maintained it for 4 years and still comes to every single meeting every week.

I so admire your journey and believe you will keep it off this time.  I'm a self sabotager and I think the key for me is believing I deserve this.....I deserve to make healthy choices, feel the increased energy, get off my BP and cholesterol medications and prolong my life.  I want to see these grandchildren graduate, marry and make me a great grandmother!!!
mwy
on 4/28/10 4:58 pm
Hi Sherry!!!  It's good to see you here again, GirlFriend! 

I think it would be lovely to prolong your life, too, so it's good to know you are going to start taking care of yasself and eat healthy.  See ya around,

Mary 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 422 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 545 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 742 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 964 views