Our Deepest Fear

mwy
on 4/25/10 5:03 am

A quote from Marianne Williamson:

~
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?
Actually, who are you not to be?

You are a child of God.
Your playing small doesn't serve the world.
There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.
We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.

And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.~

(deactivated member)
on 4/25/10 7:00 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hmmmm.....I'm trying to see how I can correlate this to my fear of flying.......still dealing with that and starting to feel hopeless.
mwy
on 4/26/10 4:32 pm
Ummm, I'm going to have to go with this won't correlate with fear of flying.    Do you have any Vicodin left over from your surgery?  Maybe you could just take two and wake you up when you've landed?

Mary
(deactivated member)
on 4/25/10 9:07 am
Does this mean we are fearful that if we try something we may be out of control instead of a fear of failing?
mwy
on 4/26/10 4:38 pm

I would say neither.  It's about your own self worth.  How we don't blossom to our full potential so that we don't make others feel badly that they don't measure up to who we are.  It's about not letting ourselves revel in our own fabulosity because we don't want to be seen as thinking we are better than others.  It's about not being afraid to let your brilliance shine, because if you do, it allows those around us to allow their's to shine, also.  I think that's what it's about!  ;-)

Mary 

(deactivated member)
on 4/27/10 1:58 am
On April 26, 2010 at 11:38 PM Pacific Time, mwy wrote:

I would say neither.  It's about your own self worth.  How we don't blossom to our full potential so that we don't make others feel badly that they don't measure up to who we are.  It's about not letting ourselves revel in our own fabulosity because we don't want to be seen as thinking we are better than others.  It's about not being afraid to let your brilliance shine, because if you do, it allows those around us to allow their's to shine, also.  I think that's what it's about!  ;-)

Mary 

Very interesting - I like what you see in the poem - seeing it as self worth and allowing it to shine and act as a light for others to shine. I never thought of something like that before - yes that is a wonderful idea.

I  can relate it to seeing others doing well on their diet and posting their progress - I find that inspirational and it does shine a light in me to do well too.
chellelynn3
on 4/25/10 1:35 pm - san bernardino, CA
 Thank you for sharing Mary! Amazing! Beautiful! 

Michelle Hendrickson Holistic Health Coach http://www.gracioushealth.net

mwy
on 4/26/10 4:40 pm
It's kind of like what I was trying to tell you only she has a way of putting things that makes it sound betta!

Mary
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 422 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 545 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 742 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 964 views