What are you celebrating and proud of? Friday

(deactivated member)
on 4/23/10 1:18 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Today I'm celebrating and even proud that I bought my first pair of WHITE PANTS in about 25 or 30 years!!!!!!   I always wore dark colors...you know....it's slimming!
Well, I finally have a pair of white pants and they look good on me.  WAHOOO!!!!  

What are you celebrating and proud of today??

chellelynn3
on 4/23/10 2:42 am - san bernardino, CA
 So cool, I have always stayed far away from white pants or any light color pants for that matter! so that is an achievement I can relate too! Good Job! I am glad that I got up today and started the day off right with my eating, yesterday i did not do so good, I did not do terrible but I did not do "good" so I started today off right, my legs are sore today from the full body workout I did yesterday, A lot of squats! so today I will stretch and do a light workout, perhaps rebounding and some weighted hula hooping! have a great day everyone!   

Michelle Hendrickson Holistic Health Coach http://www.gracioushealth.net

(deactivated member)
on 4/23/10 3:59 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi!
You know when you work out one part of your body you need to give it rest the next 2 days.....
Example....
On Tues I work out my Upper Body (arms, chest, back etc)   
On Thurs I work out my lower body (legs, butt, stomach)
On Sunday I will again do my Upper Body
The next Tues I do my Lower Body.

I learned this from "the body for life" book.  Muscles need time off to repair and build.  If you keep working the same muscle group yesterday, today, tomorrow, you actually don't get the same benefits as you would if you give them some rest.......So if you did a full body work out yesterday you really should only do cardio today.  

Just my 2 cents.  Actually it's not my 2 cents, it's what I learned from the professionals.... 
TTFN
chellelynn3
on 4/23/10 5:14 am - san bernardino, CA
 Thats good, thanks for the tip, I think intuitively I know this, but it is good to hear else where, I think rebounding counts as cardio, just bouncing, and it's fun! you should put some pics up of you in your white pants! for us to ooo and aaah at!  we went on a family picnic with my husbands family last weekend and his cousin who is a photographer got some great shots of my family, as soon as she sends me the copies I plan to upload some on my profile! I actually liked some of the shots she got of me!   

Michelle Hendrickson Holistic Health Coach http://www.gracioushealth.net

(deactivated member)
on 4/23/10 11:18 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
I'll probably post new pics probably on Sunday or early next week as I now have some new clothes that really fit well.
(deactivated member)
on 4/23/10 10:27 am
Ohhhh, white pants - enjoy them, I'm sure you look fabulous in them. I actually wore white capris last year - I had actually bought them a few years earlier on sale with the idea that I'd lose weight so I could fit into them - well that took 6 years but I did it. I discovered that they didn't make me any fatter than I was and since they were well made and fit well I think I looked thinner. Yet even with that very positive experience I still feel afraid of white pants. Weird thinking on my part. Right now I'm wearing black dress pants and black dress jeans - not particularly springy or summery.

Michelle, you're working really hard - good for you. I too have read that we're supposed to alternate muscle groups. I think I'll look for that book Ruth mentioned in my library - sounds like a good book to read.

Today was a lazy day - no walking and DH is feeling miserable with his bronchitis. On a positive note, DH wanted something special to eat so we went to Whole Foods and bought some brown rice vegan sushi which was really yummy. I'm proud that we passed by all of our old favorites and didn't buy anything that wasn't on our diet. And I'm going to make popcorn soon as a treat snack tonight.

I hope everyone had a good day today - and take care.
(deactivated member)
on 4/23/10 11:17 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
I see you shared your cold with your DH.  Hope he feels better soon!

Hey I was shopping for more than 3 hrs and did just barely 2 miles... :-(   thought it would have been more than that.  I am EXHAUSTED!  I really over did it today!  My legs whole body aches and the incision on the left leg hurts!  I just got into bed...I'll lay here with legs elevated for the rest of the evening as I watch TV.....I think I'll be falling asleep early.

Go try on some white pants...it's fun!!!!!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 422 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 545 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 742 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 964 views