Ok.. think I got myself screwed on straight again..

Future Legend
on 4/21/10 9:06 am - SC
Thanks to all of you for indulging my rant! 

In the last week, I quit taking rx xanax yet AGAIN,.. and managed to dump 10 lbs in the process as well as become aware of everything I put in my face.  Of course, quitting that kind of rx med has it's little side effects.. like WITHDRAWAL,... UGH....   hahaha..  this is the first day I feel human since ditching that.  I might be able to credit the nausea, vomiting, potty problems (ahem) lack of appetite, sweats and so forth with the loss - I dunno.. but I'll take it !!!   (ok.. so I'm greedy when it comes to wanting the numbers to come down).

David joined the gym and will come with me on his days off... which is,.. something healthy for both of us to do (not that he needs it)

I talked to him about the stress and drama... and reminded him that he GOT a NO drama mama, and we have to manage to keep this house that way.... he agrees.  I don't mind a Sunday supper... but I have my own kid to handle (even though she's 23).. and honestly, that's the ONLY adult in this world who's business I have to be involved in.

That's about it so far.  I'm armed with chicken, turkey, PLENTY OF TUNAAAAAAAAAAAAA (I made a HUGE can of Tuna salad and told the boy a tuna salad sandwich with lettuce and tomato is a nice change for his lunches too sometimes rather than lasagne and ribs and burgers and all the other stuff I pack in his lunch). 

I actually got out of bed today.. went to the shrink and ranted, came home, cleaned, did laundry, made his suthen friiiiiiiiiiiied chicken and had a cold cut roll up for myself 

Oh Gawd...I'll talk to yaz again after I finish the gallon of tuna.. LOL

Hope everyone is doing their do!!!  God be with you all! 

Lori
chellelynn3
on 4/21/10 11:24 am - san bernardino, CA
 Glad to hear you are gettin back in the swing of things! welcome back on the wagon!  

Michelle Hendrickson Holistic Health Coach http://www.gracioushealth.net

mwy
on 4/21/10 5:42 pm
Hallelujah, everybody...Lori is back to doing her do!

Girl got her GROOVE back.  But did you have to mention southern fried chicken?  Ouch!
Future Legend
on 4/22/10 5:17 am - SC
Mary.. what am I gonna do..  he's a severe southerner.. Georgia...    when he asked for grits I really tried... then was like.. JUST HAVE PASTINA..  I never cooked a grit in my LIFE! 

I will admit that having these things in the house is not good.  I keep bread and some other unhealthy things  .. well.. unhealthy for me.. like fruit.  On ocassion, I'm guilty of taking a bite of a strawberry or banana.  I don't feel bad about the chicken though.. I sift a very light mist of flour over the seasoning.. that's about it.  I dunno, sometimes I think it would have been best to stay alone until I reached my goal.

Lori
mwy
on 4/22/10 5:27 am
Grits are as easy as fixing oatmeal!  Try again cuz it's a fast and easy breakfast.

Stay alone til you reached your goal?  That's just crazy talk.  Think of all of the "workouts" you would have missed if you were alone!
Future Legend
on 4/22/10 5:30 am - SC

This is true.. and what a waste of talent that would have been ;)
mwy
on 4/26/10 4:42 pm

LOL, I had forgotten how "talented" you are!

(deactivated member)
on 4/22/10 12:13 am
Wow Lori, you went off Xanax cold turkey - that's rough - congrats on seeing the end of the tunnel with xanax. I know I stopped my Lexapro after being on it for many years - it took several weeks of cutting the pills smaller and smaller and smaller until there was nothing left to take - I didn't experience any side effects of problems - except I grew an extra head -nah that was a bad joke.

Wow, you made southern fried chicken and then had a cold cut roll up? Amazing willpower. When I first changed our diet I told DH that he had to eat what I eat at home, but he could eat whatever he wanted when he was out. That worked out for awhile untl he realized he preferred to eat the same food I was eating all the time - now it's so much easier. Maybe you can work out a similar deal with David? I found it really helped me stay on the diet.
Future Legend
on 4/22/10 5:19 am - SC
Actually, we did that for a while.  He wanted to lose 15 lbs.. so I said "ok..eat what I eat".. he lost it.. put it back on - but its not like it makes a difference for him.  The chicken.. I don't feel badly about that while doing low carb - but when I take a bite of his fruit, or a bite of toast... then ALL of that adds up.

I didn't want to punish HIM because I'm fat.
Future Legend
on 4/22/10 5:21 am - SC
PS.. stopping xanax isn't easy, but I felt that tapering would serve only to prolong the withdrawal.  At least with cold turkey, it's not reducing a dose, feeling withdrawal but "not as bad" over an extended period of time.  The first 5 days are absolute hell, and I'm not 100% yet... but I have the feeling that sleep will come tonight!  :)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 422 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 545 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 742 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 964 views