View permanent weight loss as a process, not an event

Molly S.
on 4/21/10 1:31 am - Chicago, IL

View permanent weight loss as a process, not an event.

Most great achievements are the result of hard work and a designated plan of action. As they are often time consuming, progress is made in small, purposeful steps. 

The same is true concerning permanent weight loss. It's not just going to happen. Through a process you create and execute, you are infinitely more likely to succeed in all your endeavors.  Save the "events" for birthdays and celebrations, and view permanent weight loss as a process of making a plan, and then, each day, doing the next right thing.

Action for the day: Today, simply do the next right thing. Whenever you have a decision to make, whether it's what to eat or what to do after work, do the next right thing.
© 2010, National Association for Weight Loss Surgery. All rights reserved. Daily Inspirations are provided by the National Association for Weight Loss Surgery. Get our free report,  How to Regain-Proof Your Weight Loss Surgery at www.nawls.com.

HW 611  Pre-opW 580   LW 302  GW 238         

(deactivated member)
on 4/21/10 6:12 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
AMEN!

When I started on my weight loss journey this last and final time I never said I was "on a diet"....a diet to me is an "event" with a definitive beginning and end. For me I made a lifestyle change....it will not end until I no longer breathe..... 
(deactivated member)
on 4/22/10 12:01 am

It's interesting that you post this because one of the main points of the McDougall diet is that you have a couple of feast days - like Thanksgiving and birthdays where you eat the celebratory foods and enjoy them - but immediately the next day you go back to a healthy diet. The idea is if you eat healthy 95% of the time then you don't have to worry about any damage inflicted by poor choices 5% of the time. And yes, plan ahead is important.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 422 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 545 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 742 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 964 views