Starting over again...

Nijaz79
on 4/19/10 12:48 pm
I have been off this site for a while. I had lost a good amount of weight. I started at 279 and I got down to 190. I was so happy about my progress. Then I got pregnant. I just had my son two months ago. I had to have a c-section and I gain weight through my pregnancy. I am now back up to 230. I am feeling awful about how I look and it feels like loosing is alot harder this time. Since I am breastfeeding I cant do the Atkins diet like I did befor. Im lost and dont even know how to begin. Any help would be really appreciated...
(deactivated member)
on 4/19/10 1:16 pm
Hi Nijaz - wow, you just had a new baby - congratulations. That's wonderful news and you're a great mom for breastfeeding. And there is a good payback because it will help you lose some weight.

I think my diet is the healthiest and would allow you to lose weight quickly. I follow Dr. McDougall's Maximum Weight Loss plan but there are people there who follow it while pregnant or breast feeding. http://www.drmcdougall.com/forums/index.php?sid=8d32a96a7130 1663d44ab3c1e10fcb77

Others here have done well with Weigh****chers - Moosie (Ruth) has lot a ton of weight. I'm reading a book called The Volumetrics Eating Plan by Barbara Rolls, PhD which is a great diet too. Dr. Rolls is a researcher and this diet is based on her findings from her research at Penn State University. She has found that people tend to eat the same volume of food - so if you eat the same amount but use lower calorie foods to drop the overall calorie intake, you will lose weight without feeling hungry. You might want to read this book or her original Volumetrics Weight Control Plan.

Did your Dr. make any suggestions? Post back and let us know what you decide to do - we'd love to help support you.
wmcconk
on 4/19/10 3:45 pm - Fircrest, WA
Congratulations on your little joy!!! I hope he's happy and healthy!

I've lost all my weight with Weigh****chers as well. I really love the flexibility of the plan and the meetings. I've made a ton of friends at my meetings and my leader is one of the sweetest, most supportive people you could meet.

Good luck in finding what will work best for you. Try not to ge too down on yourself. You've just had a baby AND major surgery. You are only human and not one of us is perfect.

I lost my weight with Weight Watcher's & Zumba. I've lost 302 lbs. You can visit my weight loss website at www.freewebs.com/infectiouslaughter
I'll be in the Jan. 2012 issue of People Magazine's "Half Their Weight" issue!!

Christa :]
on 4/20/10 1:45 am - MI
VSG on 03/13/12
HEY! I just had a baby too, 2 months ago. Except I also started at 276 got down to 190's..went back up to 230's got preggo and BAM 300. Now back to 264. So I know how you feel!!!! We can do it. Just go back to what you know. Do what you did before.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 422 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 545 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 742 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 964 views