What have you done today to make you feel proud? Mon

(deactivated member)
on 4/19/10 5:44 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hope it's been a marvelous Monday for you so far.  All is well here.......

I'm proud that I stepped away from the lunch table today.  I made my version of Indian Chicken....gotta admit it's really good.....problem is I want to much more than my 4oz serving.  I really had to work at getting up and putting the leftovers in the fridge.  Now that they are out of sight they are out of mind and I'm ok..  It was close...........  reality eating extra protein won't really hurt me but it's the principle of stopping when I've had enough and not feeling full that is important.

How about you......what challenge have you overcome.....what are you proud of today??
Ruth
(deactivated member)
on 4/19/10 12:31 pm
 good for you for stepping away from the table. I think all of us here have struggled and lost that battle too many times. So now I have to know - what is your recipe for Indian Chicken LOL. I love Indian food with all those spices. 

Actually eating extra protein can hurt your body and at the very least it can be turned into fat for storage if you eat more calories than you burn. If you have kidney, liver or gout diseases it can cause health issues - people with endstage kidney and liver disease have to eat these incredibly low protein diets that I don't know if I could tolerate - so limited they are unbelieveable.

DH and I are still suffering from this bronchitis - I'm so thankful that mine is mild because I used to really have long bouts of bronchitis, broke ribs from the extreme force of coughing etc. There seems to be a lot of people now with bronchitis, including my DD#2 who lives 6 hours away and I feel bad that she may have inherited my weak lungs and allergies. Some one at work spent a week in the hospital with her bronchitis. I hope no one here has it - everyone is blaming it on allergies.

So my proud today is that we did walk 5 miles even though we both felt like we could just stay home and plop on the couch. So it wasn't as brisk as we normally do it, but we did it.

The first two miles are our "aerobic exercise. The third mile is the fat burning mile, the fourth mile is the super fat burning mile and the fifth is the super duper burning mile. I keep telling myself this because I really find it helps keep me motivated. Anyhow I timed myself and walked 5 miles in an hour which is I think is good. I'm not going to walk more than 5 miles, but I will work on walking faster and maybe I might consider wearing weights at some point.

I hope everyone else is having a good day.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 422 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 545 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 742 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 964 views