What have you done today to make you feel proud? Weekend Edition

(deactivated member)
on 4/17/10 12:18 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi!
I got up early this morning did a bunch of chores (swept floor, mopped floors, cleaned 3 bathrooms, did 1 load of laundry, cooked breakfast).....felt sort of energetic so I took advantage of it.  Now I'm a little tired so taking a little break. 

I'm proud that doing better with getting back to my normal schedule.  Since the previous surgery in Dec I have not been getting up early like I normally do, so I'm making an extra effort to wake up earlier.  Hopefully sometime next week I'll be totally back on schedule.

Today I'm not going to walk because I did 2 hrs shopping yesterday.......much more than I planned on and my legs felt it so I'm giving them a break today.

Hope you all have a great weekend..........please share the things that make you feel proud and that you are celebrating this weekend.
TTFN
Ruth
(deactivated member)
on 4/17/10 8:33 am
Hi Ruth,

DH and I did another 5 mile walk in the mall - and we're still adjusting to that added mile - still tired by the time we walked to the car but we both felt better than yesterday. When I first started walking in the mall I sort of picked 5 miles out of the hat as my goal to reach and now I can't believe that I'm walking 5 miles - briskly. I won't go beyond 5 miles because it will start to take just too much time. LOL when I first started walking in the mall I was walking from one bench to the next and then sitting and resting before getting up to walk to the next bench. I started walking in this particular mall because it has tons of benches - I couldn't walk at the mall I prefer to shop in because they didn't have as many benches. Persistence paid off.

It has turned really cold today, we're going out to the ballet tonight and I'll be wearing my winter coat which is too large. LOL When I bought it, it was a little tight - I could button it but just barely and now it's droopy and clearly too large - I'll need to buy a new one next winter. I love shopping for smaller sized clothes - don't like spending the money but love the choices I have now after spending years buying clothes on the internet.

I hope everyone else is having a good weekend.
(deactivated member)
on 4/17/10 11:57 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Kudos to you and your DH!

Hey, how'd you map out your walk in the mall?  I think I'd end up stopping in too many stores....
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 422 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 545 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 742 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 964 views