Hunger level??? and hey Moosie

SmileyGael
on 4/17/10 6:56 am

Hi all...This is a question to all, and to Moosie (and those at goal)..How is your hunger level now, and when you still had 50lbs. to go?

What do you do about being hungry? Just snack healthy-fully?

Go to fullsize image

(deactivated member)
on 4/17/10 11:55 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi!

For the most part I don't feel hungry.  I remember when I was losing weight I didn't feel hungry and thought that was wrong....I used to think I had to feel hungry to lose weight but then I figured out that because I was eating small, healthy, filling meals every 3-4 hrs I didn't "feel" hungry and guess what, I kept losing weight. 

Now since I'm maintaining my weight I rarely feel hungry....most often if I do it's in the morning.

I graze all day...........I eat 7 times a day at least and sometimes 8....

Start the day- Protein drink before I do my workout
Breakfast
Snack (fruit)
Lunch
Snack 4pm (PB on lite wasa cracker, small apple, 10 gr dk choc)
Snack 6pm (12 almonds)
Dinner

Sometimes I have an extra snack between lunch and dinner.....if I do it's a protein drink.

Hope that helps....let me know if you have questions.
SmileyGael
on 4/18/10 9:17 am

Gee Moosie, you sound like a WLS person, eating several times a day.. I've heard that is best for our blood sugar anyway...

Iam trying different protien shakes, I know I don't get enough from foods...

Thanks for your responce!

Gael

Go to fullsize image

(deactivated member)
on 4/18/10 9:37 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Nope, I did not have WLS.......

My mom has done this "all day grazing" for years.........many years....  Most doctors and nutritionists tell folks to eat at least 5 small meals a day...keeps the fire going so the body has energy.

I started using Whey Protein shakes when I started working out with weights....helps build and repair muscle.  :-)  

Have a good night
(deactivated member)
on 4/18/10 7:53 am
I'm not done shedding my weight yet, I have approximately 30 pounds to reach my goal. I find it's a little frustrating since my shedding has slowed down as I get closer to a normal weight. The more fat we carry around, the easier it is to lose weight just because we're lugging around excess fat which uses more energy for us just to do our daily activities.

I'm usually not hungry and my diet actually states that I should eat until I'm satisfied - not stuffed but comfortable. If I'm hungry before my next meal, then I grab a snack - my favorite is a simple peeled carrot or apple. Anything low cal makes a good snack.

I presume from your post that you find yourself hungry a lot? Maybe you might want to tweak your diet a little adding in foods that are low calorie but make you feel satiety. Is it a certain time during the day? Is it related to boredom or something else? You don't want to be hungry all the time or it can topple you off the wagon.

SmileyGael
on 4/18/10 9:14 am

Hi Sky...Nope I'm not hungry alot...Just was wondering for those who have finished or almost finished, how the hunger issues were or is, along the way.

You see Iam about 35lbs. away from not qualifying for the VSG which my Kaiser program is now doing.  That said, I would still have about 100-110 to go on my own...The VSG usually takes away the hunger for 6-12 months, and when it comes back its more controlable.

I've only got a sleep study to do, then it would be about 2 months till a surg. date...I guess just keep going, make the choice when Iam at the weight factor...

I'm not a volume eater which most WLS are good for, I'm a snacker...So I feel like Iam in an odd place regarding WLS...

Anyhoo, thanks, YOU are always so helpful...

Gael

Go to fullsize image

mwy
on 4/21/10 5:48 pm
I'm a grazer, it's the best for weight loss because you have more of tendency not to spike your sugar levels if you eat small meals throughout the day.  Plus you aren't hungry.  I also find that just getting in all of my water for the day keeps me full.  I have to get it all in or else dehydration makes me tired.  It also slows ones weight loss.

Mary
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 422 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 545 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 742 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 964 views